Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies...what else do I need to say? These super soft cookies combine three of my favorites (strawberries, cookies, and cheesecake) in one scrupmtious bite! Of course they are extra cute for Valentines Day I promise they will hit the spot all year long!
I’m telling you all of my recipes are easy! How about Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies, that begin with a cake mix? I always have great intentions of making an amazingly elaborate dessert. I dream these desserts up in my mind and they are beautiful. Then before I know it the kids are getting off the bus and it’s time for chores, piano practice and never ending homework. Since I didn’t have time to make cheesecake, I settled on making Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies instead. Not only are they delicious, they are pretty cute too!
I’m a die hard chocolate fan, so I had to make a half of the cookie batch with semi-sweet chocolate chips and the other half with white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. After sampling several of each kind of cookie (why do I do that?), I still can’t decide which I like better! If you decide to make both versions of this cookie, let me know which you like best!
A Strawberry Cheesecake Cookie rolled in Valentines sprinkles is the perfect thing to share with a few of our widow and widower neighbors for Valentines this year! I think they will love these cookies as much as I did!
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ c. butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 c. white or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 15 oz. box strawberry cake mix
- ¼ c. powdered sugar
- ⅛ c. Valentines sprinkles
- Beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Add egg and mix again.
- Add dry cake mix and mix until combined.
- Add semi-sweet or white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. Stir to incorporate.
- For cookies into 1 inch balls. Roll in powdered sugar and then in Valentines Sprinkles.
- Place cookies on a cookie sheet and refrigerate for about and hour, or freeze for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cookie balls onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
- Sprinkle additional Valentines Sprinkles on cookies if you want a few extra! Who doesn’t want extra sprinkles?
This recipe was first posted on Ella Clair Inspired!