Breakfast happens to be one of my favorite meals of the day. Even though I love it, it seems so difficult to get on the table. Despite my best “night before” planning efforts my mornings are always rushed. Maybe that’s why I love breakfast for dinner. I can actually enjoy my meal.
Speckled English Muffin French Toast are a favorite at my house! English muffins give French Toast a different texture than French bread does. Raisins are an added bonus!
Of course this is yummy for breakfast. I really do love it for dinner though. For one thing, if dinner is drenched in sugary syrup I don’t have to worry about making dessert! Some days I don’t get that far on my to do list. (By the way making dessert is usually in my top 5 things to do everyday. Somewhere near exercising and showering!)
Speckled English Muffin French Toast
- 6 raisin English muffins split
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/4 t. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 t. cinnamon
- 1/4 t. salt
- 4 T. sugar
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- 2 T. butter
- cinnamon and sugar optional
- Whisk eggs. Add milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, sugar and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- Let English muffins soak in egg mixture for about a minute on each side.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat. Melt butter on griddle.
- Cook muffins on griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- If desired, dip golden brown french toast in cinnamon and sugar.
- Serve warm with syrup, or plain.