Puff Pastry Cheesy Garlic Bread has irresistible flaky puff pastry with the most cheesy garlic butter slathered on top! You might find yourself serving bread with every meal you make! I’m pretty sure you are going to love this new fancy version of cheesy garlic bread as much as you do the standard classic…maybe even more!
Let’s talk about puff pastry for a minute. It is one of my favorite ingredients because so quick and easy to use and is still impressive.
Of course garlic bread is awesome with spaghetti, lasagna, or pretty much any other Italian meal. But, you might find yourself wanting to serve Puff Pastry Garlic Bread with about every meal you make. Heck, I’d eat it with my scrambled eggs for breakfast! It’s also divine served right alongside Zucchini Paremesan Meatballs in Creamy Tomato Sauce, Fresh Creamy Tomato Soup, or Spinach Macaroini and Cheese! I wouldn’t judge you if it became your go to midmorning snack either!
Follow me on Instagram for to see all my quick and easy recipes and a little sneak peek into life on our farm!
Thaw Puff Pastry according to package directions. Cut one sheet of pastry in half. Score the edges of the pastry making about ½ inch border around the edge of each piece of pastry.
Mix softened butter, mozzarella cheese, garlic, and parsley together. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Spread half of the butter mixture on each piece of puff pastry. Spread it to the scored edges.
Bake. My family wanted to dive right in and start eating in without even cutting it. I mean really, doesn’t this look like single serving to you?
Let sit for a few minutes then cut bread into thick slices. My family was a little bummed about having to cut it into enough pieces for the whole family!
Remember that I live in the middle of nowhere and don’t have access to the grocery store very often. I needed (yes it was a necessity) for dinner one night and didn’t have any bread in the house and only a few minutes to come up with something. That’s when Puff Pastry Cheesy Garlic Bread was created! All you need is 5 ingredients and a few minutes it’s ready! Oh my Heavens you guys…you need this in your life (yes it’s still a necessity)!
Here’s printable Puff Pastry Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe!
- ¼ cup softened butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic OR 2 tsp. Gourmet Garden garlic paste (It's in a tube and can usually be found next to the refriged herbs in the grocery store)
- 1 T. dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c. grated mozzarella cheese
- ¼ c. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- Remove one sheet of puff pastry from freezer and thaw according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchement paper.
- Mix butter, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper and cheeses together. Set aside.
- Cut pastry in half. Create a border around the edge of the pastry by scoring the pastry with a knife about ½ inch in from the edge of the pastry. I only score the pastry about half way through the thickness of the pastry.
- Spread half of the butter mixture over each piece of puff pastry on the inside of the scored border.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Then move rack to broil for about 2 minutes. Watch carefully so it doesn't burn.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes then cut into thick slices.