This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions expressed in this Pork Carnitas Pizza post are mine alone. #RealFlavorRealFast #CollectiveBias
Pork Carnitas Pizza is a fun new exciting way to enjoy everything you love about carnitas and pizza in the same bite! Add whatever yummy toppings you like to the top to make it extra special! Let me show you a few little tricks for getting this pizza on the table in no time!
Ever since visiting Mexico last year my family has been crazy about all things Mexican food! We just can’t help ourselves. Pork Carnitas Pizza combines so many of the yummy flavors we fell in love with in a fun new way. Of course we love this pizza because it’s so yummy but it’s also one of those quick and easy meals I can pull together in no time at all! We all need a few of those ideas up our sleeve!
My family enjoys Pork Carnitas pizza anytime but it’s become a staple on busy weeknights thanks to being able to use Smithfields Marinated Boneless Pork Shoulder Roast.
You guys this pork is a great way to bring real flavor real fast to your meals. It makes my life so much easier and that’s exactly what I need if I’m going to get dinner on the table in about 30 minutes!
- The pork is already seasoned so it’s packed with flavor before you even open the package which saves me time when I’m in a hurry!
- The pork is cut into little “medallions” and that helps them cook even faster than they would if they were left as a whole piece of meat.
- Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork is 100% pork so you can feel good about serving it to your family!
- There are several other flavors too; Smithfield Marinated Homestyle Pork Roast, Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Herb Loin Filet (Can’t wait to try that one), and more
Pork Carnitas Pizza is a great solution to those crazy busy weeknights!
Smithfield Marinated Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas can be cooked in a variety of ways; in the pressure cooker or in the slow cooker. In fact, you can even cook them on the grill, saute, or roast them if you want.
I added meat and a little bit of orange juice to the s pressure cooker and cook until tender. Cook in the pressure for 40 minutes or in the slow cooker on high for 3 hours.
Remove meat from cooker and shred with two forks. It should be falling apart!
Assembling Pork Carnitas Pizza couldn’t be easier! We’re talking less than 30 minutes from beginning to the end!
Move oven rack to the center position. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Set premade pizza crust on a pizza pan or baking sheet.
Spread with enchilada sauce.
Sprinkle cheese over sauce.
Spread shredded pork over cheese!
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Cut into slices.
Top with chopped fresh cilantro and red onions if desired.
And that’s all there is to it! Dinner is ready!
Pork Canitas Pizza really is a breeze to make especially if you use premade pizza crust and use cheese that’s already shredded.
Swing by @Walmart because they have a huge selection of Smithfield® Marintated Fresh Pork in their Meat and Poultry aisle. Look for the “Pork” sign and it will be right there in that section. To get more fun ideas for using their products follow Smithfield® on social media!
Life can be full speed this time of the year which might be making you dream of a weekend getaway! Smithfield® is here to help you and a guest relax with the ulitmate luxury trip to renowned Napa Valley where you’ll experience all that Wine Country has to offer. Go to the Smithfield® Real Flavor Real Fast and share your tips and tricks on how you get dinner ready in 30 minutes or less for a chance to win a trip to Wine Country or for thousands of gift cards!
Next time you are looking for a quick and easy 30ish minute meal grab a Smithfield Marinated Pork and you’ll be enjoying Pork Carnitas Pizza in no time!
You know what else is awesome about Smithfield Marinated Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas? Let me tell you what’s awesome about it! When I cook this pork for my pizza I always have leftover meat which means I’m already a step ahead on my prep work for more meals! Here’s a few ideas for repurposing those leftovers into more Real Flavor Real Fast meals!
- Pork Carnitas Quesadillas (Make quesadillas with shredded pork, shredded cheese, and maybe some pineapple)
- Pork Carnitas Salad (Add shredded pork, shredded cheese, black beans, tomatoes, and avocado to a bed of lettuce)
- Pork Carnitas Grilled Cheese (Make a traditional grilled cheese sandwich with shredded pork tucked in there!)
Here’s the printable recipe and instructions for this Pork Carnitas Pizza! I can’t wait for you to try it!
Pork Carnitas Pizza
- 1 package Smithfield Marinated Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas
- 1 c. orange or pineapple juice
- 1 premade pizza crust I bought mine in the pizza sauce section at the grocery store
- 1 can enchilada sauce you won't need all of it if you are only making one pizza
- 1-2 c grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 T. diced red onion
- 1 T. chopped fresh cilantro
- Optional Toppings:
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced avocado
- Sliced olives
- Diced jalapeno
- Pork can be cooked in either the slow cooker or the pressure cooker. Either way add the pork and orange or pineapple juice. Cook in the pressure cooker on high pressure for 40 minutes or for 3 hours on high in the slow cooker.
- Remove pork from pressure cooker or slow cooker and shred with two forks.
- Move rack to center of oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Set premade pizza crust on a baking sheet.
- Spread enchilada sauce over crust.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over sauce.
- Sprikle shredded pork over cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes of until cheese melted.
- Cut in slices and serve.
- Leftover shredded pork can be used in a variety of ways incuding to make salads, quesadillas, or grilled cheese.