Pizza Salad with Vinaigrette is the an easy recipe that packs all the deliciousness of pizza in a crustless pizza version of green salad! Choose your favorite pizza toppings and pile as many as you’d like on your salad! It’s a perfect gluten free or keto pizza recipe!
Is pizza on your regular menu rotation? I mean who could resist gooey cheese? Not kids! And when you’re in charge of making meals sometimes you just want to make a meal the whole family will snarf down without complaining about. Pizza is always a golden ticket to complaint free dinner time! Am I right?
Sometimes though…don’t you dream of ditching the kid food and eating adult food for just one meal?
Pizza Salad with Vinaigrette is pretty much everything you love about pizza in a lower calorie version! Most of us like eating salad with our pizza anyway so combining pizza and salad together is a natural fit!
What pizza toppings can I add to my salad?
The sky is the limit here! Add whatever is hanging out in your fridge or pantry! If you love all the crazy pizza varieties you’ll probably want to add a million ingredients.
I like to stick to a theme, or a common type of pizza and mimic them same toppings in my salad. Really though, get creative and add whatever you’d like!
- Supreme- sliced mushrooms, diced peppers, sausage, pepperoni, olives, onions, tomatoes, etc.
- Hawaiian- ham and diced pineapple
- Pepperoni – (you know for the kids) obvs add lots of pepperoni
- Cowboy – pepperoni, salami, olives, mushrooms
What kind of salad dressing to use for Pizza Salad
Once again, you’re welcome to use whatever dressing makes you happy! My youngest wouldn’t touch any other dressing besides ranch. He’s eleven and that’s probably all the expanation you need!
BUT, I’m totally in love with this salad dressing, or vinaigrette, recipe to drizzle on my Pizza Salad! It adds the BEST flavor!
You’ll need to add the following ingredients to a jar and shake them up!
- red wine vinegar
- olive oil
Will Pizza Salad with Vinaigrette keep in the fridge?
Unfortunately this salad won’t keep very well after it’s mixed up. You’ll want to mix it just before serving.
But, you know me! I like to do all my prep work in advance. It’s easy to prep all the ingredients you want to add to this salad ahead of time; dice tomatoes and peppers, chop olives, slice mushrooms, grate cheese, and store in seperate containers until you’re ready to assemble the salad.
When you’re ready to eat throw everything in a bowl, toss together, and your that’s all there is to it!
The vinaigrette will keep for about a week in the fridge!
Can I make crustless pizza?
Okay peeps, it should be obvious that’ I’m all about carbs! I’m pretty much addicited and so I don’t really worry too much about how to cut them out. If you really want this green salad to be carb free leave all the carby options out. If you want the feel of traditional pizza, and taste of crust choose some of the following to add.
- pita chips
- crackers (pita crackers are pretty tasty)
- serve the salad over flatbread
- serve salad with French bread (try my Homemade Whole Wheat French Bread)
Crustless Pizza Ideas
Just like most families, mine is in LOVE with pizza! We’ll eat it any way we can get it! Since we live so far away from town swinging into Pizza Hut for take out, or ordering pizza for delivery aren’t an option.
We’re on our own if we want to pizza! Sometimes I just don’t have time to make full blown, home-made pizza and that’s when I start getting really creative in the kitchen.
Check out these fun ways to enjoy pizza without having to make a crust!
- Make Ahead Pepperoni Pizza Sliders
- Pepperoni Pizza Quesadillas
- Grilled Cheese Pizza Roll-ups
- Pizza Pinwheels
- Breakfast French Bread Pizza
- Pepperoni Pizza Chili
- BLT Pizza
- Pork Carnitas Pizza
- Chicken Taco Pizza
- Hawaiian BBQ Pizza
- Cookie Dough Dessert Pizza
Grab my Pizza Salad with Vinaigrette Recipe
This really is a fun salad to make and I love that it’s a bit lighter for these summer days!
Pizza Salad with Vinaigrette
For the Salad
- 1 head lettuce romaine is great
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- 1/2 c. olives sliced
- 1/2 c. zucchini ribbons optional
- 6 oz salami or pepperoni
- pita chips or pita crackers
- 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
- cracked pepper
For the Vinaigrette
- 2 T. red wine vinegar
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 cracked black pepper
- dash salt
For the Vinaigrette
- Add all ingredients to a jar and shake until combined. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
For the Salad
- Wash and chop lettuce. Prepare all the vegetables. If you are preparing ahead of time, store vegetables in individual containers until you're ready to serve.
- To assemble salad, layer ingredients, except parmesan cheese and crackers, in a bowl and toss. Drizzle salad with vinaigrette and toss. Top with remaining parmesan cheese and crackers.