Pizza Salad combines two classics; pizza and salad! Prepare lettuce, add all your favorite toppings, and drizzle it with the best Italian vinaigrette! It’s a fun summery way to enjoy pizza without having to order take out or turning the oven on!
No time to make a crust? Do you still want pizza? Are you trying to eat healthier? No problem! Salad Pizza is the answer! It’s still loaded with all the good stuff salad bowl! It’s like the best salad bar at home!
Aren’t main dish salads the best? I love them because I don’t have to come up with side dishes plus a main dish. It’s all together and I feel like I’m eating healthy too! Try my Cabbage Salad with Chicken, Pesto Pasta Chicken Salad, Chicken Pasta Salad with Fruit, and Grilled Steak Pasta Salad!
What ingredients are in pizza salad?
The sky is the limit here! Add whatever is hanging out in your fridge or pantry! If you love all the crazy varieties you’ll probably want to add a million ingredients.
I like to stick to traditional pizza combinations and mimic the same toppings in my salad. Really though, get creative and add whatever you’d like!
- Supreme– sliced mushrooms, diced peppers, sausage, pepperoni, olives, onions, tomatoes, etc.
- Hawaiian– ham and diced pineapple
- Pepperoni – (you know for the kids) obviously add lots of pepperonis
- Cowboy – pepperoni, salami, olives, mushrooms
Best Salad Dressing for Pizza Salad
Once again, you’re welcome to use whatever dressing makes you happy! My youngest wouldn’t touch any other dressing besides ranch. He’s eleven and that’s probably all the explanation you need!
BUT, I’m totally in love with this vinaigrette recipe to drizzle on my salad.
You’ll need to add the following ingredients to a jar and shake them up!
- red wine vinegar
- olive oil
Can I make Pizza Salad Ahead of Time?
Unfortunately this salad won’t keep very well after it’s mixed up. You’ll want to mix it just before serving.
I like to do all my prep work in advance. It’s easy to prep all the ingredients you want to add to this salad ahead of time; diced tomatoes and peppers, chop olives, slice mushrooms, grate cheese, and store in separate containers until you’re ready to assemble the salad.
When you’re ready to serve the salad throw everything in a bowl, toss together, and that’s all there is to it!
The vinaigrette will keep for about a week in the fridge!
How to make crustless pizza?
Okay, peeps, it should be obvious that’ I’m all about carbs! I’m pretty much addicted and so I don’t really worry too much about how to cut them out. If you really want no dough pizza you can skip these options. Or if you’re gluten-free maybe you can find these in without gluten.
- pita chips
- crackers (pita crackers are pretty tasty)
- serve the salad over flatbread
- serve salad with French bread (try my Homemade Whole Wheat French Bread)
- pile the salad over prebaked pizza dough.
Crustless Pizza Ideas
Just like most families, mine is in LOVE with pizza! We’ll eat it any way we can get it! Since we live so far away from town swinging into Blaze Pizza isn’t an option, so we’re on our own!
Sometimes I just don’t have time to make a full-blown, home-made dough and that’s when I start getting really creative in the kitchen and start whipping up some of these super quick and easy meals.
- Pizza Sliders – made with dinner rolls.
- Pizza Quesadillas – literally a 5 minutes recipe
- Grilled Cheese Pizza Roll-ups – kids go crazy for these
- Pizza Pinwheels – an appetizer or lunch
- Breakfast French Bread Pizza – pizza in the morning is always a winner
- Pizza Chili – award-winning chili recipe
- BLT Pizza – a cold pizza appetizer
- Pork Carnitas Pizza – Tex-Mex meets Italian!
- Chicken Taco Pizza – made on flatbread crust, with Doritos
- Chicken Pineapple Pizza – I make it with leftover grilled chicken! FAST!
- Cookie Dough Dessert Pizza – dessert pizza is divine
Grab my Pizza Salad Recipes
Pizza Salad really is the best of the salad bar and take out all combined in one recipe! It’s a great way to use up whatever vegetables are leftover in the fridge!
For the Salad
- 1 romaine lettuce Iceberg, green leaf, red leaf, and all great too
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 yellow pepper diced
- 1/2 cup olives sliced
- 1/2 cup zucchini ribbons optional
- 6 ounces salami or pepperoni
- 1/2 cup pita chips or pita crackers
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- cracked pepper
For the Vinaigrette
- 2 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1/8 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cracked black pepper
- dash salt
For the Vinaigrette
- Add all ingredients to a jar and shake until combined. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
For the Salad
- Wash, dry, and chop lettuce. Prepare all the vegetables. If you are preparing ahead of time, store vegetables in individual containers until you're ready to serve.
- To assemble salad, layer ingredients, except parmesan cheese and crackers, in a bowl and toss. Drizzle salad with vinaigrette and toss. Top with remaining parmesan cheese and crackers.