The kid in me hasn’t ever been able to walk past a rice crispy treat without having a little taste! Peppermint Bark Crispy Treats are festive enough to call them adult treats and yummy enough to please all the kids!
Seriously, I could have eaten several servings of each batch of rice crispy treats I have ever made with a spoon. I leave a little sample for me in the bottom of the bowl and eat every last bite of it and wish there was a little more. What is it about rice crispy treats anyway? I don’t really like marshmallows, and I don’t really like rice crispy cereal. But I can’t get enough of rice crispy treats. It must be the butter! Once again, dairy products save the day!
Anybody else’s holidays get filled up with a million places to go. And every place you go you are supposed to bring a plate of goodies. Some days I just don’t have time to make a super homemade treat. Peppermint Bark Crispy Treats have been my go to this year because they are no bake, only take a few minutes to whip together, and everyone loves them! Now that’s a winning Christmas goody!
So, for all you last minute people out there…here’s the treat for you! Peppermint Bark Crispy Treats are sure to impress your family and friends and will probably even squeeze into your schedule!
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 cups rice crispy cereal
- ¼ c. butter
- 1 t. peppermint extract, divided
- 12 oz. white chocolate chips
- 12 oz. milk chocolate chips
- 12 candy canes, crushed
- Melt butter in a large microwaveable bowl.
- Add marshmallows, stir to coat.
- Microwave for about 2 minutes, or until puffy.
- Stir. Add ½ tsp. peppermint extract.
- Add cereal. Stir until coated.
- Add ½ of the crushed candy canes. Stir until incorporated.
- Spray a 9" x 13" pan with nonstick spray.
- Pour cereal mix into pan and spread. I spray the top of the crispy treats with nonstick spray before spreading.
- In a microwavable bowl melt milk chocolate chips in microwave on half power. Every microwave is different. I melted mine for about 2 minutes.
- Spread chocolate on top of crispy treats. Let sit until firm.
- Using same method melt white chocolate chips. After melted stir ½ tsp. peppermint extract into the white chocolate. Spread over milk chocolate layer.
- Sprinkle remaining crushed candy canes over white chocolate layer. Press with the back of spatula to ensure they are embedded into the white chocolate.
- Let sit until firm.
- Cut into squares and serve.