Bananas aren’t my favorite fruit in the world. In fact, they may be my least favorite fruit. For some reason when any member of my family goes to the grocery store with me they always want to pick up bananas. Then we get them home and nobody wants to eat them. The same thing happens with generic Honey Smackers cold cereal. Anyway, I always have over ripe bananas on my counter top. I spotted a banana brownie recipe awhile ago and thought it might be the perfect solution for me!
I’m telling you that brownies are the solution to lots of problems in life! Especially over ripe bananas. The bananas made these brownies incredibly moist. I can’t really even describe the perfect texture that these brownies have. Adding crunchy toffee chips and walnuts adds the perfect balance to the already perfect texture.
I’m not kidding you when I tell you that I might even buy bananas next time I’m in the grocery store…alone! Just so I can make these brownies again! Seriously, they are so good they even turned me into a banana believer! Whatever your previous feeling about bananas, I know you will fall in love too!
Peanut Butter Banana Brownies
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 2 bananas medium ripe
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. peanut butter chips
- 1/2 c. walnuts chopped
- 3/4 c. toffee chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9" x 9" baking pan.
- Heat chocolate chips in microwave at 3/4 power for one minute. Stir chips. If they are not smooth and completely melted, continue to microwave in 15 second intervals. Stirring after each interval. Set aside to cool a little bit.
- Measure flour, salt and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Cream butter, sugar and bananas together. Add vanilla and eggs. Gradually add cooled chocolate chips. Mix together.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to creamed ingredients. Mix just until combined.
- Stir walnuts and half of peanut butter chips into brownies.
- Pour into greased 9 x 9 pan. Smooth. Sprinkle remaining peanut butter chips and toffee chips on top of brownies.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Cool. Cut into bars.