The only thing better than a toasty grilled cheese sandwich filled with gooey melted cheese on the inside, is a Parmesan Crusted Grilled Cheese Sandwich with the most incredible crispy garlic Parmesan crust on the outside!
Today I’m beyond excited to share my Parmesan Grilled Cheese Sandwich with you guys! I’ve always been a HUGE lover of grilled cheese sandwiches because who could ever resist ooey gooey cheese nestled between golden brown buttery bread? Not me!
Let me tell you though, the crust on my Parmesan Grilled Cheese Sandwich is so stinkin’ divine! It’s so good your going to sink back into your chair, close your eyes and fall in love! Something magical happens when you combine the soft melted cheese on the inside with that crispy, golden brown, buttery and cheesy crust on the outside!
Well, by now you know that I married a dairy farmer and have lived on this stinky ol’ farm for almost twenty years! I can’t believe it’s been that long since I agreed to live here with all these cows, flies, crazy hours, and pretty much be joined at the hip with this farm!
After I met Justin and he told me he was a dairy farmer I think my heart sunk a little! He was a really great guy but I just didn’t want to be married to a filthy dirty, no days off, muck boot wearing dairyman!
Right after I decided my heart didn’t need to be sunken I told him that I’d actually been supporting him for many, many years!
I was convinced I was single handedly supporting the entire dairy industry with my love of cheese! I can pound more cheese in a month than most people can pound in a whole year. Surely Justin was getting his a portion of my hard earned money I spend on cheese!
I’m seriously an addict. After I’ve been on vacation for a few days I start to really crave salty cheese! I add it to every single meal I make; pasta, scrambled eggs, cheese burgers, salads, mashed potatoes, and even pancakes (don’t knock it till you try it, it’s good)!
I’ll take cheese any way I can get it! But I have to admit that ultra comforting Parmesan Crusted Grilled Cheese Sandwiches will always be at the top of my list of favorite meals! It has not one, but two or more kinds of cheese and you can’t beat that!
Parmesan Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are still the same old super simple to prepare classic sandwich you fell in love with as a kid with a fun little twist!
Tips for making Parmesan Crusted Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Use soft butter
- Spread the butter one more time after you add parmesan cheese just to help everything to stick.
- Grill sandwich over medium heat so the bread doesn’t get browned before the cheese melts.
- Serve with jam…trust me it’s so flipping tasty!
- Use a variety of cheeses; Swiss, cheddar, pepper jack, provolone, or a combination.
- Add meat; deli ham, roast beef; grilled chicken, or bacon
- Switch up the seasonings used in the Parmesan crust; garlic salt, Salad Supreme, Mrs. Dash’s seasonings
Parmesan Crusted Grilled Cheese Sandwiches really are the ultimate comfort food! I pretty much made them twice in the last 12 hours because I happen to think they make a pretty darn good breakfast too!
If you want to help me support myself and the rest of the dairy industry whip up a Parmesan Crusted Grilled Cheese Sandwich! Oh, and I’d love to know what’s your favorite kind of cheese to use in grilled cheese sandwiches and what else you pile on it! Leave me a comment and share your ideas!
Parmesan Crusted Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 slices of cheese such as cheddar, swiss, pepper jack, colby jack, etc.
- 1-2 T. butter
- 1 T. grated parmesan cheese
- dash garlic salt
- Spread butter one side of each slice of bread. Sprinkle butter side with garlic salt and parmesan cheese. I like to gently press and spread with a knife just to help ensure the paremesan sticks and stays in place. If it seems too dry you can always add and spread another thin layer of butter.
- Build sandwich with buttered sides of bread on the outside and cheese slices in the middle.
- In a nonstick pan grill over medium heat until golden brown. The parmesan will make the sandwich stick to the pan until it has formed a nice golden brown crust then it will be easy to flip!
- Grill the other side.
- Remove from heat.
- Slice in half.
- Serve immediately!