There is something magical about Garlic Herb Butter! It is so versatile it is almost like a condiment at our house. No matter what you choose to slather it on, you will love the extra flavor!
I plant lots of herbs in my garden because I love them! That would be an obvious reason to plant anything right? This Garlic Herb Butter is one of those things I whip up and stick in the fridge as soon as the herbs are big enough to eat. I love having it in their because it is so versatile. We burn through a case of butter in no time anyway. Garlic Herb Butter is not different!
All you have to do is whip softened butter and minced garlic and herbs together. Throw it in a container and you are ready for lots of delicious variations. Here are a few ways we love to use it
1. Toss boiled new red potatoes in it.
2. Of course it’s great for making garlic bread
3. Melt it and brush it on top of rolls or bread sticks then sprinkle with a little sea salt
4. Use in place of plain ol’ butter when buttering baked potatoes
5. Hot buttered corn on the cob
6. Topping grilled steak
7. Toss any steamed veggies in it
8. Toss hot pasta in Garlic Herb Butter.
I’m sure I forgot some of the things we have done with this butter. Anyway, you get the idea. You can use it in any savory way you use regular butter. I’m seriously in love with this stuff. I think it keeps pretty good in the fridge too. I have only had a batch last about two weeks but I think it would be fine longer than that. Seriously, Garlic Herb Butter is such and easy way to add a little extra flavor into about anything!
Garlic Herb Butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 T. fresh flat leaf parsley minced
- 1 T. fresh basil minced
- 1/2 T. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 c. butter room temperature
- Mix all ingredients together until combined.
- If you would like to use dry herbs use a little less than half of the amount of fresh herbs.
- Store in air tight container in refrigerator.