Dill Pickle Rollups are the ultimate party food! If you are a dill pickle lover these have your name written all over them and I double, triple dog dare you to try to leave them alone! They are so yummy, and they are best when they are made ahead! Can’t beat that for party food!
Raise your hand if you are a dill pickle lover? Me too! My sister and I used to can dill pickles every summer and then we would munch on them all year long. Well, it’s probably more accurate to say we devoured them daily!
As soon as my kids got old enough to eat pickles without choking I just HAD to introduce pickles to them! I mean really…watching the looks on their cute little faces when they take their first bite is priceless! Don’t judge me, it’s good clean, cheap entertainment! And I bet you’ve done it before too!
Dill pickles seem to be a craze right now. I mean there are recipes for dill pickle soup, dill pickle bread, and I even saw dill pickle toothpaste. Now that’s taking it too far! I wouldn’t even give my kids dill pickle toothpaste. That’s not even worth the sour look on their faces!
Dill Pickle Rollups though… these little appetizers happen to be the perfect party food for the dill pickle lover in all of us! They are incredibly easy to make, we’re talking just a few minutes from start to finish.
They are even better after they’ve been in the fridge for awhile. Which means I can make them ahead of time which is a lifesaver sometimes!
My kids are too big for the sour face entertainment now so we have to have real parties! Parties with yummy food (Hello Cheesy Bacon and Broccoli Dip, Jalapeno Popper Rollups, Slow Cooker Little Smokies, and S’mores Trail Mix). That’s right we’ve been entertaining ourselves with food for a long time around here!
Do me a favor and add Dill PIckle Rollups to your party spread for the holidays. Heck, I think you will like them so much you’ll probably still be making them for Easter and the Fourth of July, and probably lots of other normal days too!
Whip up a batch of Dill Pickle Rollups ASAP and cross making an appetizer to share off your to do list! You’ll be happy you did and so will your friends!
- 6 Flour Tortillas (I used the 8 inch tortillas. Bigger or smaller tortillas can be used resulting in more or less rollups.)
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 c. dill pickle relish
- ½ tsp garlic paste, or finely minced garlic
- 1 ½ c. grated cheese (cheddar or pepper jack)
- Dried Dill Weed for garnish, optional
- Add cream cheese, pickle relish, garlic, and cheese to a mixing bowl. Mix together until combined.
- MIcrowave tortillas for a few seconds. It softens them and makes them a little more pliable and easier to work with.
- Lay tortillas out.
- Divide cream cheese mixture among tortillas. Spread to the edges of tortillas.
- Roll tortillas up jelly roll style.
- Wrap Dill Pickle Rollups in plastic wrap. Store in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from fridge and slice into about 1 inch slices. If desired you can sprinkle cut edges with dill weed.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.