Creamy Shredded Beef Enchiladas are cheesy, a little spicy, a little creamy and a lot of yummy! This is one of my favorite things to make when I have leftover roast beef!
Like I said before, May is “Beef” month. We eat beef about 5 times as often as we eat chicken. We eat lots of beef because we have lots of beef in the freezer and because I love beef! I substitute beef in recipes that call for chicken all of the time. It always works out perfectly!
I made these enchiladas early one day. I was trying hard to be prepared for dinner because I knew my day was going to be busy. Our family ended up being gone every night for dinner for a few nights in a row. In my opinion, letting enchiladas sit in the fridge for a few extra days only makes them better. That’s why Creamy Shredded Beef Enchiladas are ideal for sticking in the fridge, or for bringing to a friend.
I love having leftover roast beef. It gives me a jump start on about a million different recipes. What’s better than having a dinner half way done before you even start making it?
I put some of my leftover roast beef in my slow cooker with some enchilada sauce and let it cook for about 4 hours. I pulled it with two forks. Since this is the second time it’s been cooked it is fall apart tender anyway.
Spoon a little (or a lot) of shredded meat mixture on corn tortillas. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
Roll tortillas up as best as you can. It’s easier if you warm the tortilla shells up a little bit first. I sprayed mine with a little bit of cooking spray and warmed them up for a few minutes in the oven. It worked great. Pour creamy enchilada sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle with lots of monterey cheese. This is what I did earlier in the day, the day I thought we were going to eat these. Then I covered them with aluminum foil and put them in the fridge.
Bake em until they are nice and bubbly and you want to eat the cheese off the top with a spoon. Cheese is always impossible for me to resist! Creamy Shredded Beef Enchiladas, refried beans and Spanish rice make you feel like you are eating out for a fraction of the cost. It’s easy to make too! Oh, and don’t forget you can make it ahead!
Creamy Shredded Beef Enchiladas
- 2 pounds roast beef
- 1 28 oz.can mild enchilada sauce
- 1 10 oz. can cream chicken soup
- 1 c. sour cream
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese I used colby jack, that’s what I had
- 12 corn tortilla shells more if you like to use a little meat in each shell
- Pour half of enchilada sauce in slow cooker. Add roast beef. If roast beef has already been cooked, cook for 3-4 hours on low. If roast beef has not been cooked already cook for 4 hours on high. Remove from slow cooker and shred.
- Spray tortilla shells on a baking sheet. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for a few minutes or until they are pliable.
- Spread 1/3 cup, more or less to your liking, in the middle of tortilla shell. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Roll up and place greased baking dish.
- Mix remaining enchilada sauce, sour cream and cream chicken soup together. Pour over enchiladas. Sprinkle with additional shredded cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
- NOTE: I think these enchiladas are best if they sit in the refrigerator for a day before baking.