No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies is a classic recipe they’re so easy to make and use simple ingredients; peanut butter, oats, cocoa, and a few more! These cookies come together in minutes without having to even turn the oven on! Plus, I’ll show how to make no bake cookies that set up perfectly every single time!
Classic No Bake Cookies are a simple and super popular dessert, but have you notice that not every no bake peanut butter cookies recipe is created equal! No-bake cookies are like people, they come in all shapes and sizes; tall, thick, short, and thin. Some are so dry and crumbly you have to have a whole glass of milk to wash them down.
My friends, these are the BEST peanut butter no bake cookies ever! I’ve been using this recipe for years and really never planned on sharing it with you because the internet is flooded with traditional peanut butter chocolate no bake cookies.
Are no bake cookies gluten free?
Most no bake cookies are gluten free if you use certified gluten free oats.
Do no bake cookies need refrigerated?
No bake cookies do not need to be stored in the refrigerator. However, storing them in the fridge will make them stay fresh a little longer.
Can I freeze no bake cookies?
Yes! No bake cookies can be frozen in an airtight container for up to three months. Be sure to let them set before freezing them.
I’m finally sharing this simple no bake peanut butter cookies recipe with you and it’s for selfish reasons. Every time I make these cookies I have to scrounge around to find THIS recipe. You see I have about a billion recipes at my house and it’s easy to lose one. I’m not sure what happened to me, but since I started keeping the farm books I have waaaay too many numbers bouncing around in my head at a time and don’t have room in my brain for remembering how many cups of sugar a recipe takes. I gotta have the recipe!
So, I’m adding this recipe to my blog so I don’t have to search high and low for this recipe anymore. It’s my go-to easy peanut butter cookie recipe for when I’m in a huge hurry and who has time for digging through piles of recipes. Not me! It’s right here with these trusty little easy cookie recipes collection of mine! Now you have it too! Your welcome!
No Bake Cookies Ingredients
This recipe uses simple ingredients you probably always have on hand, and that’s a bonus when you live in the middle of nowhere!
- Oats or Oatmeal
- Salt (optional)
- Coconut (optional)
How to make No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
You’re probably wondering why I think I have the upper hand when it comes to other no bake peanut butter cookies recipes? Well, there are a few little tricks I’ve learned that make all the difference!
- Make sure you have all your ingredients ready before you start because once the mixture is boiled you’ve gotta be ready to move!
- Use real butter…it’s the only way to go!
- Evaporated milk works perfectly in these cookies!
- I always use quick oats because that’s what I have in my food storage, however old fashioned oats may be used.
How long do I boil No Bake Cookies?
Timing is everything when making this no bake cookies, it makes all the difference!
- If you boil the mixture too long your cookies will be thick, and dry.
- If you boil the mixture for too short of a time no bake cookies will be runny, sticky, and won’t set up properly.
- The perfect amount of time for boiling no bake cookies is 1 minute…not a second over!
- Start timing as soon as the mixture begins to boil across the whole top of the saucepan.
- Boil the cookies over medium heat so they don’t scorch on the bottom, or cook too fast.
- Remove cookies from the heat as soon as they’ve boiled for 1 minute.
How to shape no bake cookies
- As soon as you stir all the ingredients together you want to drop them on a baking sheet. If you wait, even for a few minutes, they will set up resulting in a thick, dry cookie.
- Line baking sheets with wax paper, or parchment paper before you start making cookies. Get a cookie scoop ready too.
- If cookies are a bit too thick, after you drop a cookie on the baking sheet spread it out just a little bit with the back of the cookie scoop to create a thinner cookie. Hurry though! The cookies still need to be warm and soft or else they won’t spread.
Do No Bake Cookies Need to be Refrigerated?
Wondering how to store no bake cookie? I never refrigerate my peanut butter no bake cookies!
- As soon as all the cookies are dropped let them sit at room temperature until completely cooled. They will set up as they cool
- As the cookies cool the oats will absorb some of the moisture from the chocolate mixture. Speeding up the process by cooling them in the fridge will change the texture of the cookies.
- I’ve heard no bake ookies will store for up to three weeks in an airtight container, although I must admit I’ve NEVER had my cookies last that long. 3 days is the longest I’ve ever had them last!
Can I freeze no bake cookies?
No-bake cookies freeze well. There are a couple of tricks though!
- Cookies must be completely cooled and set or they will stick together.
- Cookies can be cooled at room temperature or stick the cookies on the cookie sheet in the freezer until they are frozen.
- Remove cookies from the baking sheet. Stack. Freeze in an airtight freezer container.
- Cookies can be frozen for up to 3 months.
What’s happening on the farm?
My boys just don’t like school. They never have. They never will. We have way too many exciting things happening on the farm to mess around with school. Please understand I know education is important. They do their homework and all three of them are planning on furthering their education at college. It’s just more fun to be out hands-on on the farm.
Payson, my youngest was struggling with one of the concepts his teacher was teaching him at school. The teacher didn’t think he was going to get it. I worked with him at home and he owns that concept now!
A few days after his teacher called me I went downstairs and saw how he had his little farm set up…complete with animal reproduction happening! That’s when I thought to myself, he might not understand why a and g make two different sounds but he has the most important concepts in life figured out! I bet the other first graders didn’t know about that!
Other No Bake Recipes
If you love cookies as much as I do, check out my other no fuss cookie recipes!
No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies without Oatmeal
Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
Other No Bake Peanut Butter Recipes
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Bark
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sauce
- Peanut Butter Popcorn
If you have a couple mintues you have enough time to make a batch of simple no bake peanut butter cookies! You’ll be glad you did!
Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- 1/2 c. butter
- 2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. milk
- 4 T. cocoa
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 3 1/2 c. quick oats may substitute 1/2 shredded coconut for 1/2 c. of oats if desired
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- dash salt
- Measure peanut butter, oats, and vanilla. Set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Bring butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa to a boil over medium heat. As soon as the mixture begins to boil time for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- Add vanilla, peanut butter, oats, and salt. Stir.
- Quickly drop on prepared baking sheet.
- Let sit until completely cooled and firm.
- Store in an airtight container.