When I was in college my classmates and I were asked to bring one of our favorite things to school. Our professors wanted to take a picture of us to hang on bulletin board. I took a box of cream cheese. I don’t think any of my classmates brought anything. There I hung on the picture board for two semesters. Me and my cream cheese. What can I say? I love the stuff.
You already know I’m not a banana fan. I’m also not an instant pudding fan. Since Justin loves banana cream pie, I had to reinvent it into something that we would both enjoy. I made this for him for Fathers Day. He enjoyed it, I enjoyed it and so did all of his family. Make it soon. You will enjoy it too!!
Crush graham crackers. I used my food processor. If you don’t have one, you can put the graham crackers in a sealable plastic bag and roll them into crumbs using a rolling pin. Better yet, have the kiddos do that job.
Add sugar and chopped walnuts.
Add melted butter.
Press into either a pie pan of a 9 x 13. I usually make this in a 9″ pie pan. But this time I was making it for a crowd. So I double the batch and put it in a 9 x 13. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Beat softened cream cheese.
Add sweetened condensed milk. Beat together to combine. (Sometime I will share a story that proves my love for sweetened condensed milk!)
Mix pudding mix and milk together.
Add pudding to cream cheese. Stir to combine.
Slice bananas and layer over cooled graham cracker crust. Spread cream cheese mixture over bananas.
Warm hot fudge sauce just until you can spread it. Use a good quality sauce, or homemade. I really need to get the recipe I used posted. It’s the best!! Carefully spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until hot fudge is set.
Banana Cream Cheese Pie is a delicious marriage between a cheesecake and a banana cream pie.
Banana Cream Cheese Pie
- 24 vanilla wafers crushed
- 1/2 c. walnuts chopped
- 1/4 c. butter melted
- 2 T. sugar
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese softened
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1 4 oz. package vanilla pudding instant
- 1 8 oz. whipped topping divided
- 2 bananas
- Hot fudge sauce good quality
- Chocolate for garnish optional
- Crush wafer.
- Combine wafers, melted butter, sugar and chopped walnuts. Spread in a 9" pie pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool.
- Whip softened cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add sweetened condensed milk.
- Whisk milk and pudding together. Add to cream cheese mixture.
- Fold half of whipped topping into cream cheese mixture.
- Slice bananas and spread over cooled crust.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over bananas.
- Warm hot fudge sauce just until spreadable. Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over hot fudge layer.
- Garnish with chocolate curls if desired.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- NOTE: I double this and put it in a 9" x 13" pan. It's a crowd pleaser!