If you are scrambling for that last minute neighbors and friends gift, a crowd pleasing dessert or something for your own family…this is it. The fact that it only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish makes it extremely holiday friendly. Besides that, look how cute it is. I have dolled this candy up for about every holiday on the calendar and it’s a hit every time. So save some time for yourself, skip the sugar cookies and make this candy!
See, a pretty little gift.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Line foil with saltine crackers touching, salt side up.
Over medium heat melt butter and brown sugar. Stir it constantly until it begins to boil.
As soon as it is gently boiling, quit stirring and turn the heat down just a little. You want the heat high enough to just keep it boiling. Boil it for exactly 3 minutes after you quit stirring.
As soon as sugar and butter have boiled for 3 minutes pour evenly over saltine crackers. Spread with the back of a spoon if necessary. Bake for 5 minutes.
Immediately after removing from the over sprinkle chocolate chips over the crackers.
Let them sit for a minute then spread with the back of a spoon.
If you want to doll them up for the season, sprinkle with Christmas perils. Or chopped almonds or walnuts. Or drizzle with colored dipping chocolates. Let them cool and break them in pieces.
Simply put them in a cute little tin, and just like that you are done! Except sharing the recipe after everyone requests it!! HeHe!!
Last Minute Christmas Candy
- 1 cup butter no substitutes
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 sleeves saltine crackers
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Sprinkles chopped almonds or walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Line foil with saltine crackers, touching salt side up. You probably won't need quite two sleeves of crackers.
- Over medium heat, while constantly stirring, bring butter and sugar to a gentle boil. Once it's boiling remove spoon and boil for exactly 3 minutes. You want the heat to be as low as possible while maintaining a boil.
- Pour over saltine crackers. Spread with the back of a spoon if necessary.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Immediately after removing them from the over sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let sit for a few minutes. Spread with the back of a spoon.
- Decorate with sprinkles, chopped nuts or colored dipping chocolates.