Sweet and juicy watermellon pairs beautifully with salty feta cheese! Blueberries add an extra bite of sweetness and a pop of color. Drizzle the whole thing with honey lime vinaigrette and enjoy your refreshing Watermelon, Blueberry and Feta Salad!
My typical watermelon creativity goes something like this…wash watermelon, dice, and devour! Let’s face it watermelon is amazing all by itself. I mean, if I’m feeling especially energetic and creative I will sprinkle a little salt on there, trust me it’s good! My family loves watermelon just the way it is so I’ve never really experimented with using it as an actual ingredient, until this year. We’ve loved every bite, and sip of our watermelon drinks, salads and Popsicle’s. This Watermelon, Blueberry, and Feta Salad is a winner under our shade tree!
Cut up some watermelon, wash blueberries, chop basil, crumble some feta and you are almost there. There are only 3 dressing ingredients so that’s simple! Toss it all together and you’re done! Just like that!
Sweet and juicy watermelon pair perfectly with salty feta cheese! Salty sweet always makes a yummy combination!
Maybe you noticed how pretty this summery salad is too! The red, white and blue colors make it a perfect salad for the Fourth of July! How festive is that?
- 6 c. cubed watermelon
- 2 c. fresh blueberries
- 1 c. feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 T. fresh mint, or basil, chiffonade
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1 T. honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add cubed watermelon, blueberries, feta, and mint (or basil) to a large bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, add lime juice, lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Whisk until blended. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Just before serving toss fruit and cheese together. Drizzle with dressing and toss again to coat fruit with dressing. Serve immediately.
If you’re looking for other summery side dishes you might love these: