S’mores Chocolate Mug Cake is DANGEROUS! Stir the ingredients up, pop this baby in the microwave and one minute later you have a mug full of that warm ooey gooey chocolate you’ve been craving all afternoon long! Don’t tell me I’m the only one that happens to!
There are days in my life when I’m just not satisfied until I have something chocolate…something warm…something over the top gooey! It doesn’t matter how hard I try and convince myself that I really, really don’t a mug full of calories I just can’t seem to get it out of my head! That’s exactly the kind of days I need S’more Chocolate Mug Cake in my life! Thanks goodness it takes little effort and only a few ingredients!
No one else in my family has the same type of cravings I do. Don’t get me wrong, they still have cravings but they prefer ice cream, cookies, or crispy treats, but mostly ice cream with Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sauce! Those things are fantastic but sometimes I just have to have the warm chocolate!
Mug cakes are just the thing if you find yourself needing a special little treat all of your own since they make a single serving. Most of the time I twist one of the boys arms into sharing with me though because they are super rich and loaded with calories. But then again what yummy thing isn’t?
S’mores Chocolate Mug Cake is takes the average mug cake over the top because it’s packed with extra goodies!
Here’s what you need to do!
Add flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa, and a dash of salt to a mug.
Give it a stir with a fork.
Add milk, canola oil, and vanilla.
Give it another stir.
Add marshmallows, chocolate chips, and coarsely crushed graham crackers.
Stir one last time.
Every microwave is a little different so cooking times will vary a little bit. Like I mentioned I like my cake ooey and gooey, no dry cake for me! I recommend starting with a low microwave time and microwaving in additional 10 second increments until it’s cooked through.
I microwaved my S’mores Chocolate Mug Cake on high for 40 seconds. It should be a little jiggly still because you are going to microwave it again after the next step.
Sprinkle chocolate chips or chocolate candy bars, coarsely crushed graham crackers and marshmallows over the top of the cake. Microwave for an additional 10 seconds.
Let cool for about a minute.
Top with hot fudge sauce (remember the ooey gooey cravings) and whipped cream or ice cream!
Let’s face it if you need chocolate right this minute, hey it happens, you don’t have time to build a fire and roast a marshmallow to make the perfectly golden brown s’more. Am I right? You gotta get some s’mores love in your belly right away. You know the feeling don’t you? This is the easy dessert recipe you need in your back pocket for those moments! It helps everyone be happy!
S’mores Chocolate Mug Cake is good for calm times too! It’s fantastic really for anytime! You should probably make some soon though! And if you love s’mores as much as I do you need to try these S’mores Toffee too!
- ¼ c. flour
- 3 T. sugar
- ¼ tsp. baking powder (best if it doesn't have aluminum in it)
- 1 T. cocoa
- dash salt
- ¼ c. milk
- 2 T. oil
- small splash vanilla
- 3 T. mini marshmallows, divided
- 3 T. chocolate chips or chocolate candy bar, divided
- 1 graham cracker, divided
- hot fuge sauce
- whipped cream or ice cream
- Choose a microwavable mug. I like mugs that are a little bit shorter and wider rather than a tall skinny mug. Make sure it's big enough to hold at least 8 ounces.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa and salt to mug. Stir.
- Add milk, oill, and vanilla to dry ingredients in the mug. Stir.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of the chocolate chips or chocolate candy bar and 2 Tablespoons of the marshmallows. Roughly crunsh half of the graham cracker and add it to the mug. Stir.
- Microwave for 40 seconds. All microwaves cook a little differently so cooking times may vary. Since I prefer my cake a little on the underdone side instead of the overdone side I recommend starting with a shorter cooking time. I started with 40 seconds and it was just right. You can always cook the mug cake a little bit longer, I would cook in 10 second intervals until you get the desired doneness. Rember that in the next step you will be cooking the mug cake 10 more seconds. DON'T OVER COOK!
- Sprinkle remaining graham cracker, marshmallows, and chocolate over mug cake. Microwave for an additional 10 seconds.
- Remove from microwave. Let set for a minute. Drizzle with hot fudge sauce and top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream if desired. Serve warm!