I can’t decide which part of these Robin Egg Sugar Cookie Cheesecakes is my favorite. The sugar cookie crust is irresistible. Creamy cheesecake filling could be eaten alone, and who doesn’t love a bag of Easter Robin Eggs? Put them all together and I’m in love!
I used to buy bags of Robin Eggs back in the poor days of college. I would save them for at least a month, only allowing myself to have one per day. Thank goodness they were the big fat Robin Eggs. Now days I can actually afford (thanks hubby 😉 plenty of Robin Eggs and guess what? I still save them. I even have a huge bag left from last year. Don’t tell my family. They will find them and eat them and I’m saving them until they rot!
Okay, enough of that! I knew since I truly love malt balls, and sugar cookies and cheesecake…this would be the dessert for me. Robin Egg Sugar Cookie Cheesecakes do not disappoint! Besides that they are cute!
I know how busy “Mom” life can be. We have never ending laundry, reading with children, bills to pay, algebra homework to explain and check, piano practice to enforce, husbands to keep happy, potties to clean, children to make feel special, Facebook to check and dinner to make! I’m exhausted from typing all of that!
Because “Mom” life is so busy sometimes I want dessert and just don’t have time to spend on it. So…I’m giving you an easier option if you don’t have time to make these cute little cups. Just layer everything in a pan and call them bars! Yea for easy!
If you have time, these really are cute for Easter. And lets face it, by putting them in cute paper liners makes them feel a little bit more festive!
Either way, your family will feel special if you take time to make dessert! Of course, I think Robin Egg Sugar Cookie Cheesecakes are the ticket to special!!
By the way, I’m thinking I should take last years Robin Eggs out of hiding, put this years in hiding, and let my family eat the old ones. It’s food storage rotation skills. Lets see if they notice that the Robin Eggs are old! He He!!
- 1 pkg sugar cookie mix (17.5 oz)
- 1 4-serving size, instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 T. brown sugar
- ½ c. melted butter
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg, plus 3 egg yolks
- 2 8 oz. pkg cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 t. vanilla
- ½ c. Sour cream
- 1 c. roughly chopped malted eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Press in a greased 9 x 13 pan, or 24 lined muffin cups.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar.
- Add sour cream and vanilla. Beat.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Pour, or spoon over crust.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes for 9 x 13 pan. Or 20-25 minutes for cupcakes.
- Roughly chop malted eggs.
- Sprinkle candies over cheesecakes immediately after removing from the oven.