I’m craving this quesadilla all over again! If you love Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches…you will LOVE this quesadilla! It’s the melted cheese, tender crisp veggies and savory roast beef that make it so yummy!
Now that it’s just Justin and I here for lunch it’s really quite boring. I keep telling myself that I will start making salad, or sliced apples or a healthy smoothie for lunch. I could save most of my daily calories for dinner. For some reason I always concoct things in my mind like this yummy quesadilla to make. Then I just gotta try it. Besides I know one my kids wouldn’t want to eat it because it has peppers and onions. So we’ve gotta eat it for lunch. Bye bye saved calories! Oh well, it was worth it. Besides I went for a bike ride today so I think I earned a few extra calories anyway!
Slice some peppers (I only had green but other colors would be pretty) and onions. Saute them in butter over medium-high heat for a few minutes. Only until they are crisp tender. Once they are done remove from heat and set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt butter in skillet. Place tortilla shell on butter. Sprinkle grated cheese over shell.
Add sliced deli roast beef.
Another layer of cheese. Just a little, it melts and holds everything together!
Sprinkle peppers and onions onto second cheese layer.
More cheese. Remember it holds everything together. Besides this is Swiss and the first layer was cheddar. The second layer was pepper jack.
Put a second tortilla on top of the whole thing. Watch close. When the first tortilla is golden brown, carefully flip it over. When the second layer is golden, the insides should be all melted and yummy. Remove from the heat.
Let the whole thing set for a minute. Then cut into wedges.
- 2 flour tortillas
- ¼ green pepper, sliced
- ⅛ onion, sliced
- 2 T. butter (divided)
- 3 sliced deli roast beef lunch meet
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ cup pepper jack cheese, grated
- ¼ cup Swiss cheese, grated
- NOTE: All measurements are approximate. Use more or less peppers and onions if you like. Don't use less cheese (HaHa) but you can use more if you like! Make it the way you like it!
- Melt one tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium high heat. Add sliced onions and peppers. Saute until tender crisp. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Melt remaining tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add one tortilla shell.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on tortilla shell.
- Layer roast beef over cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle pepper jack cheese over roast beef.
- Set peppers and onions on top of pepper jack cheese layer.
- Sprinkle with Swiss cheese layer.
- Top with second tortilla shell.
- Continue to cook until bottom of first tortilla shell is golden brown. Carefully flip and cook until second tortilla is golden brown. Remove from skillet. Let set for a few minutes and cut into wedges!
Recipe is featured at the following link parties: