Peppermint Bark Sugar Cookies are scrumptious cookies that bring together everything you love about sugar cookies AND everything you love about peppermint bark in one bite! These sugar cookies are quick and easy to make, absolutely melt in your mouth, and are just the thing for your Christmas goodies plate!
A few years ago I posted this Mint Chip Sugar Cookie Recipe on my blog. It’s been the most popular recipe on my blog since then! I’ve made them a million times and they turn out every single time. They are fun because they are green, and I can’t even tell you how soft and yummy they are. I created them because I like mint, and because I like sugar cookies, and because I don’t like rolling out sugar cookies or frosting them when they are done. Who has time for that, especially during the holidays? Not me. That’s who.
I made my standby Mint Chip Sugar Cookies a few times this Christmas season. Trust me; they are always the first cookies to disappear! I decided to try switching the recipe up a little and Peppermint Bark Sugar Cookies are just as good as the green ones.
Like I said, I don’t really have time to roll out and decorate sugar cookies during Christmas time, especially when there is a prefect alternative. These are dropped cookies (fast) and turn out so pretty every time! With the time I save I can do crazy things like payroll, end of the year reporting, and a little Amazon shopping!
I had to post this picture because I wanted you to see how cute my Mr. & Mrs. Claus salt and pepper shakers are! I heart them!
If you are dying for all that soft, yumminess we all love in a sugar cookie whip up a batch of these. Your house will smell amazing while you bake them, and your family will love you forever! Now that’s what Christmas is about! (Does anyone else have a family that loves you because you make delicious treats and do mountains of laundry and pick them up from basketball practice and that’s it?) It feels that way some days! Oh well, they will love you at least until the cookies are gone! And…Peppermint Bark Sugar Cookies are Santa’s favorite!
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1½ c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 3 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cream of tarter
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 6 oz. Andes Creme Peppermint Chips
- 6 oz. white chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugar for about three minutes. It should be fluffy.
- Add eggs and peppermint extract. Cream for another 2-3 minutes.
- Measure dry ingredients in a separate bowl or sifter. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Mix until combined.
- Add peppermint chips and white chocolate chips. Gently stir to until incorporated.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop cookies using a 2 Tablespoon size cookie scoop.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Watch for the cookies to begin cracking. Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes. Transfer to cookie rack and finish cooling.
- Note: If you choose to use a smaller cookie scoop reduce baking time to 8 minutes.
Loaded Grasshopper Cookie Bars (I can’t even begin to tell you how easy and yummy these are!)