I have fond childhood memories of eating saltine crackers. My family used to live a thirty minute drive, on a gravel road, away from our church. We lived on a ranch which means there were lots of chores to be done in the mornings. The whole family got an early start because my Mom insisted that we be on time to church. Now that I am the Mom in my house…I insist that we be on time to church. Thanks Mom!! We were always at church for more than three hours. Then the whole family would load up in the station wagon and head up the hill for home.
How does this story apply to my love of soda crackers? Well, by the time we walked through the door we were all STARVING! It became our tradition to eat saltine crackers with butter on them. We did this every single Sunday that I lived at home! You just wanted to make sure that you buttered your stack and got out of dodge before my Dad wandered in. Because if you happened to be standing there with a big tall buttered stack of crackers, yup, they were his!
I still love saltines and have been tempted to do something to fancy them up for some time. When I saw Trish from Mom on Time Out make Easy Spicy Ranch Crackers, I knew I wanted to try my own version. I thought these crackers would be a perfect snack for the big game on Sunday!
I found these mini saltines and knew they would be perfect. I had never seen them before. Is this a new thing or have you all been enjoying them forever?
Of course I used real butter to make these crackers! I whipped them up in a snap too!
I had to hide them before I ate them all. When Justin came in the house, of course he started nibbling on them. Well, maybe it was more than a nibble. He declared, “these crackers are pretty dang good”.
- 1 11 oz. box of mini saltine crackers (Premium brand)
- ⅓ c. butter
- 2 T. Parmesan cheese
- 1 pkg. dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 t. crushed dried rosemary
- In a large microwavable bowl, melt butter. It took me me 30 seconds.
- Add Parmesan cheese, Ranch seasoning and rosemary to melted butter. Stir to combine.
- Add crackers and toss to coat.
- Microwave in 30 second increments for 2 minutes. Stirring after each 30 seconds.
- Spread on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Let set to cool.
- Store in an air tight container.