Easy Grilled Zucchini Packet is one of my favorite ways to cook and eat zucchini! This little packet is packed with flavor. I throw the packet on the grill with my meat and they finish cooking at the same time. Clean up is super easy too;)!
It’s true!! Another zucchini recipe!! If you don’t have zucchini growing by the wagon full you are probably wishing for a different recipe. If you do have wagons full of zucchini…you should most definitely make this easy grilled zucchini packet. It is the easiest thing ever to do. No dishes afterward, that counts for something right? Besides, it is my favorite savory way to eat zucchini.
Here’s a little side note for you: I like to pick my zucchini when they are about an inch in diameter. I like them better when they are small, more tender and less seeds. If I use them up when they are small then it is easier for me to keep us with them.
Pick whatever size zucchini you like and slice them up. I do about 1/4 inch thick. And I really think yellow and green zucchini mixed together is pretty. Slice up a little onion while you are at it.
Set zucchini and onions on a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil. Or a double layer of regular aluminum foil. Sprinkle with season salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add a little butter. That’s what makes it so tasty!
Fold the edges of the foil over to make a packet. Leave a little room in inside the packet for air to circulate. But seal the edges tight. I put the packet on the grill when I put my meat on the grill. Let the zucchini packets cook about 12-15 minutes, or until you finish cooking your meat. Turn them occasionally.
I like to add a little chopped basil to the top after they get done cooking. A little grated Parmesan cheese is fantastic too.
This is my favorite savory way to eat zucchini!! I put the packet on the grill with my meat and they are both done at the same time. They taste great and there’s no cleanup!! You have to admit that’s a pretty easy grilled zucchini packet!
- 4 small zucchini's
- ½ small onion
- dash season salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 T butter
- 1 T basil (optional)
- 1 T parmesan cheese (optional)
- Slice zucchini into ¼ inch thick rounds.
- Slice onion.
- Place zucchini and onions on a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil, or a double layer of regular aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle with season salt and pepper. Top with butter.
- Fold edges over to create an aluminum foil packet. Leave some air space in the packet. Make sure the edges are sealed good.
- Place packet on heated grill (I put them on the grill when I put my meat on the grill) Continue cooking zucchini for about 12 minutes. Flip once.
- Remove from the grill and leave the packet closed for a couple minutes to let it steam. Be careful when opening the packet because steam will escape.
- Top with chopped basil and grated Parmesan cheese if desired
- I like to make this when I'm grilling meat. I leave the zucchini packets on while the meat is cooking and they are done at the same time!!