Pear Muffins are so moist thanks to the, well, pears. I can’t resist cinnamon and all those other warm spices this time of the year either. And who can resist a streusel topping? Not me!
If you are in a huge hurry you can make these into bread.
Bread vs. Muffins (the way I see it)
Bread – Faster to put into the pan. Takes longer to cook (Perfect for the days you don’t have lots of hands on time but will be around in 50 minutes to take it out of the oven. That’s enough time for a jog, to mow the lawn, take a shower and get ready for the day, drive the football carpool, etc.)
Muffins – Cuter than bread. Takes longer to put in the pan. Already in serving sizes. Cooks faster. (Perfect for days when you need breakfast in a hurry. You don’t have to stick around waiting for the muffins to cook.) Did I mention they are cute?
Muffins? Bread? You decide. Either way this bread is scrumptious. I served Cinnamon Pear Muffins to my family one day when nobody was going to actually be home for breakfast. They made the perfect on the go breakfast. They would also be delish with vanilla ice cream and a little caramel sauce. Not for breakfast. That would be crazy. Try it for dessert!
- 4 c. pureed pears
- ¾ c. oil
- 1 c. sugar
- ½ c. brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3¾ c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1½ tsp. salt
- 1 T. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. allspice
- 1 c. walnuts (optional)
- ½ c. quick oats
- ¼ c. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ c. cold butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Puree pears. Add lemon juice to pears. Set aside.
- Mix oil and sugars together.
- Add eggs. Mix.
- Stir in pureed pears.
- In a separate bowl mix together all dry ingredients (except topping ingredients).
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix only until combined.
- Pour into muffin tins or bread pans. This recipe makes 24 muffins or 2 loaves of bread.
- In a food processor mix topping ingredients together. If you don't have a food processor cut butter in using two knives.
- Sprinkle topping mixture over muffins or bread.
- Bake 20 minutes for muffins. Bake 50-55 minutes for bread.