Breakfast Calzones are a hearty on the go breakfast complete with scrambled eggs, ham, and melted cheese all nestled inside an warm, freshly baked roll! They are the ulitmate in comfort food first thing in the morning!
Life can get so hectic, especially in the mornings! It seems like regardless how much planning and preparations I do the night before, our mornings are still rushed. Having breakfast already to go is a life saver; it’s one less thing for me to have to think about!
Breakfast Calzones are quick to throw together. I almost always make them the night before and then warm them up in the morning!
If you love Breakfast Calzones I bet you’re going to fall head over heels in love with these breakfast recipes too!
You must like easy and hearty breakfasts as much as I do! Be sure to check out these savory breakfast recipes; Ham and Cheese Breakfast Quesadillas, Hot Breakfast Egg and Cheese Sliders, and Ham, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Rolls! If you are looking for breakfast recipes on the sweeter side you need to take a peek at these ones; Chocolate Greek Yogurt Parfaits, Triple Chocolate Granola, Zucchini Breakfast Cookies!
Egg, Ham, and Cheese Breakfast Calzones are so easy to make…let me show you how!
Let Rhodes Rolls rise according to package instructions. You will need one roll for each calzone. Rhodes Texas Rolls make bigger calzones, which the kids love!
You can either use a rolling pin or your fingers to flatten rolls into flat disks.
Scramble eggs. Spoon a little bit onto one half of each flattened roll.
Spoon diced ham over eggs.
Sprinkle cheese over ham.
Fold other half of calzone over fillings.
Using your fingers pinch the calzone closed.
Place on baking sheet. Brush tops of calzones with beaten egg white. Sprinkle with parsley flakes and sea salt.
Bake calzones for 15 minutes.
Egg, Ham, and Cheese Breakfast Calzones are awesome because you can make them ahead of time!
At this point you can serve them right away. Sometimes I allow them cool for a few minutes and then refrigerate them. The next day my kids microwave them for breakfast. The other option is to allow them to cool and freeze them for another day.
Having Breakfast Calzones in the oven, the refrigerator, and the freezer is such a time saver for me! My kids even like taking them to school in their lunches.
Breakfast Calzones are not only just right for busy weekdays, but they are super cute and fun for brunches, Easter, or even busy weeknights!
Eggs, ham, and melted cheese all nestled inside an irresistible roll is sure to make anyone happy to get out of bed in the morning!
Make sure you print the recipe so you can try these out soon!
- 12 Rhodes Dinner Rolls
- 12 eggs, plus ingredients to scramble them
- 1 ½ c. diced ham
- 1 ½ c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg white
- Dried parsley, sea salt, parmesan cheese, sesame seeds, optional garnish
- Let Rhodes Rolls rise according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees if you plan to bake calzones immediately.
- You can either use a rolling pin or your fingers to flatten rolls into flat disks. I rolled mine out to about 5 inches in diameter.
- Scramble eggs the way you like them scrambled. Spoon a little bit onto one half of each flattened roll.
- Spoon diced ham over eggs.
- Sprinkle cheese over ham.
- Fold other half of calzone over fillings.
- Using your fingers pinch the calzone closed.
- Place on baking sheet either greased with nonstick spray or lined with parchment paper. Brush tops of calzones with beaten egg white. Sprinkle with parsley flakes, sea salt, parmesan cheese, or sesame seeds. You can get creative here and use whatever you like!
- Bake calzones for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Or you can cool calzones and refrigerate or freeze for later. If serving from refrigerator or freezer I microwave them for until warmed through. Time will vary according to your microwave.
- NOTE: This recipe is easy to adjust the quantity. You will need one roll for each calzone. I usually plan on one egg per calzone and adjust the amount of ham and cheese needed from there.