One of my favorite things about summer is sitting on the front porch, drinking lemonade with my family. Maybe it makes me feel like we are living the more relaxed lifestyle people enjoyed fifty years ago. Maybe I just get really hot and lazy after I have been working with my kids outside! Either way, its one of my favorites and this Apricot Lemonade Freeze did not disappoint!
I threw most everything in my Vitamix and let it do the work! That’s how I roll! Pour everything in a pitcher and you are ready for a little front porch relaxation!
I used ice for most of the water portion of my lemonade so it would be nice and slushy. Some of my kids were still working when I made the lemonade and didn’t get theirs until it wasn’t slushy anymore. I decided to sneak a little taste and it was still really yummy, just not slushy. What I am saying is Apricot Lemonade Freeze has options! To be slushy…or not to be slushy?
Okay. I have to admit my favorite part of sitting on the front porch and drinking lemonade may not be because of the lemonade at all. Although, I would have never lured this little boy over to sit on the front porch to “sit” with me. The Apricot Lemonade Freeze is a boy lure!
You can see why I lured him over to the porch can’t you? Who could resist this little pony riding man? (If you try luring your kiddos with this lemonade be sure to tell them they must drink this lemonade really slowly lest they get a brain freeze! Then you can sit on the rocking bench with them a little longer.)
On second thought, I might make more Apricot Lemonade Freeze today and see if I can get some boys to come hang out with me. You should try it and let me know how it goes!
- 1 12 oz. frozen lemonade concentrate
- 8 apricots (can use fresh or frozen. If using frozen replace 1 cup of ice with water)
- 2 c water
- 2 c ice cubes
- 1 12 oz can lemon lime soda (I actually used peach Fresca because that's what I had)
- mint leaves for garnish, optional
- Add lemonade concentrate, apricots and ice cubes to blender. Blend until pureed.
- Pour mixture from blender, water and soda to large pitcher.
- Gently stir.
- Pour in glasses. Garnish with mint. Serve immediately.
- You may let it sit for awhile, it will be lemonade and not a freeze!