Zucchini Breakfast Cookies
Zucchini Breakfast Cookies are super soft, healthy, and perfect for on the go breakfasts. They have a muffin-like texture! They're loaded with oats, whole wheat flour, and of course chocolate chips to keep them fun!
Servings 24 Cookies
- 1 cup zucchini grated
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats divided
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
If desired, blend one cup of oats and make oat flour. This isn't necessary, I like it better though.
Mix together egg, oil and vanilla. Add brown sugar and mix again.
Add blended and non blended quick oats, flour, baking powder and soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg to a mixing bowl. Mix together.
Add flour mixture to egg mixture. Mix together until combined.
Add chocolate chips and walnuts. Mix.
Add zucchini and gently mix together.
Drop 1½ inch cookie balls on parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake for 13-14 minutes.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Cookies will keep for up to three days at room temperature or up to three months in the freezer.
- You can substitute raisins, dried cranberries, or other kinds of nuts for the walnuts. Or you can add more chocolate chips!
Calories: 117kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 76mg | Potassium: 76mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg