Southwest Chicken Soup
Southwest Chicken Soup is made with black beans, corn, and cream cheese! This soup is even better than Chilis Southwest Chicken soup and all you have to do is throw everything in the Crockpot and let it go!
Servings 8 Servings
- 15.5 ounces black beans drained and rinsed
- 15.25 ounces corn undrained
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes undrained
- 14.5 ounces chicken broth
- 4 ounces diced green chilies undrained
- 1 ounce dry ranch seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast about 2-3 cups
- 8 ounces cream cheese (one brick) room temperature
Slow Cooker Instructions
Add all ingredients EXEPT cream cheese to slow cooker. Stir. If you’re using uncooked chicken breast go ahead and add them right to the slow cooker, or add cooked shredded chicken.
Cook for 4 hours on high, or 6 hours on low. Remove chicken breasts and shred if needed. Add shredded chicken back to the soup.
Add cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is melted
Pressure Cooker Instructions
Add all ingredients EXEPT cream cheese to pressure cooker. Stir. If you’re using whole, uncooked chicken breasts add them.
Cook. Place lid on the pressure cooker. Close pressure releaser valve. Set to high pressure for 8 minutes.
Open valve to quick release the pressure. Remove chicken breast and shred with forks, or see how to shred chicken using a mixer. Add chicken back to the soup.
Add cream cheese. Stir until melted and mixed through.
Stove Top Instructions
Add all ingredients EXEPT cream cheese to a stockpot or large pan. Stir. If you’re using an uncooked chicken breast add it to the pot.
Bring ingredients to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink. Cooked chicken should be 165 degrees.
Remove chicken from soup and shred. Add it back to the soup. Add cream cheese and stir to incorporate.
Favorite chili toppings:
- Chicken - Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rotisserie chicken, or canned chicken.
- Beans - Pinto, red beans, or kidney beans will work great.
This soup makes 6-8 servings. Calorie counts are calculated with 8 servings.
- Diced tomatoes or salsa
- Avocados, onions, cilantro
- Tortilla strips, corn chips, or tortillas chips
Calories: 285kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 603mg | Potassium: 662mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 914IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 3mg