Creamy Southwest Chicken Soup
Cream cheese is the perfect balance for the spicy in this soup. Let it cook in the slow cooker and dinner will be ready when you are.
Servings 6 -8
- 1 can drained black beans
- 1 can undrained corn
- 1 can diced tomatoes I use a quart of home canned tomatoes
- 1 can chicken broth optional, my home canned tomatoes provide enough juice
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 1 package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 diced onion
- 2 chicken breasts or 1 can chicken
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- Corn Chips grated cheddar cheese, cilantro and sour cream
Spray a slow cooker with cooking spray. Put all ingredients except cream cheese in a slow cooker. If you are using canned chicken just add it. If you are using raw chicken breasts add them.
Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours.
Just before serving add a package of softened cream cheese to slow cooker. Stir until melted and combined together.
If you have used raw chicken breast remove them from the slow cooker and shred. Return and stir chicken into the soup.
Serve with sour cream, cilantro, grated cheddar cheese and corn chips.