Mississippi Pot Roast Recipe - Slow Cooker
Mississippi Pot Roast Recipe is the absolutely BEST slow cooker roast beef EVER! Banana peppers give it so much flavor! The hardest part about this roast is getting it out of the crockpot without it falling apart! Now that's a good problem if you ask me!
- 1 4 pound roast beef Chuck works great
- 1 package ranch dressing mix just the dry mix
- 1 package au jus gravy just the dry mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 whole banana peppers or Pepperoncini Peppers
- 1/2 cup juice from banana peppers or Pepperoncini Peppers
Add a roast to the slow cooker.
Sprinkle dry ranch seasoning mix and dry au jus seasoning over roast.
Slice 1 stick (1/2 a cup) of real butter and set on top of the roast.
Set 8 banana peppers or pepperoncini peppers plus a little of the juice from the jar in the CrockPot right next to and on top of the roast.
Slow cook roast for low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4-6 hours.
Remove from the crock pot...it will probably fall into pieces when you try to get it out of the crockpot! Success!
Let rest for 10 minutes.
Slice or shred with two forks.
- Using a slow cooker liner makes easy cleanup.
- To make ahead follow instructions through step 4 and refrigerate until you're ready to cook it. I do this up to a day ahead of time.
- Roast can be made in the instant pot. Be sure to add a little extra juice from peppers and pressure cook on high for 90 minutes.
Calories: 112kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 366mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 355IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 3mg