Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip
This Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip is our favorite Christmas appetizer! It’s the best hot cream cheese dip because it's creamy, cheesy, and loaded with flavor! We rarely order it when we go out to eat because this homemade version is hard to beat, plus it's really easy to make from scratch!
Servings 10 Servings
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon season salt adjust to taste
- dashes of hot sauce optional
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese divided
Dice onion. Chop spinach and artichokes with a knife or in the food processor. Make sure you don't chop them too small if you're using the food processor. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9" x 9" baking dish. Set aside.
Melt butter over medium heat. Add diced onion and saute until tender.
Add cream cheese, sour cream, grated Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese, and half of the Parmesan cheese. Stir until melted.
Remove from heat and add spinach, artichokes, and salt and hot sauce if desired. Taste and adjust seasonings. See note below.
Pour in a prepared baking dish. Cover with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 8 minutes. Switch oven to broil and broil for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown. Watch it close because it can burn easily.
- If you are serving this dip with salted crackers or tortilla chips take that into consideration when taste testing to adjust seasonings.
- Add hot sauce a little at a time until it's the right amount of spicy for you.
- Any kind of good melting cheeses will work in place of cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese. You could use pepper jack, Colby jack, or mozzarella.
Calories: 306kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 564mg | Potassium: 131mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1758IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 278mg | Iron: 1mg