Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad is the perfect healthy, no mayo chicken salad! You can get creative with whatever you want to add in; grapes, apples, cranberries, pecans, walnuts, or celery!Serve it bread to make it a sandwich, or keep it low carb and serve it on lettuce!
Servings 6 Servings
For the Chicken Salad
- 3 cups boneless skinless chicken breasts shredded, cubed, or canned
- 1 cup Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 TBSP honey optional
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 TBSP whole milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt seasoned, or table salt
- 1 tsp dill weed optional
Optional Add-ins (Pick and choose any fruits, vegetables, or nuts that you'd like. You need a total of about three cups)
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese cheddar, pepper jack, or monterey are all great choices.
- 1 cup apples finely diced
- 1 cup grapes cut in half
- 1/4 cup walnuts, pecans, or almonds chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced onion scallions are great too
Prepare Chicken by either shredding, cubing the chicken. Or draining and using a fork to pull canned chicken apart. Set aside until cooled.
Slice grapes in half, roughly chop nuts, and dice the onions and celery. Grate cheese. Add to the chicken and carefully toss.
Whisk Greek yogurt, honey, lemon juice, and seasonings. If it’s too thin, add a little milk. I like it thinner than sour cream. Pour over chicken and gently toss to coat.
Adjust seasonings to taste.
Refrigerate for up to 2 hours if possible. If not it will still be fine!
Here are some suggestions for serving chicken salad. These ingredients are not included in the nutritional facts.
- Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Sandwiches – Make this salad to make sandwiches using any kind of sliced bread, rolls, or croissants.
- Wraps or Pinwheels – Spread down the center of a tortilla and wrap it up like a burrito.
- Pita Pockets – split pita bread in half and stuff with chicken salad. You could swap the add-ins to Greek-style toppings; diced cucumbers, olives, tomatoes, and crumbled feta.
- Lettuce – use lettuce to make a wrap, or serve the chicken salad over a leaf of lettuce, or even a wedge of lettuce to make a salad. This is a great low carb option.
- Dip – serve it with crackers
Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 498mg | Potassium: 423mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 88IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 1mg