Fudgy Turtle Cookies – Printable recipe
This Fudgy Turtle Cookies recipe is a cinch to make and results in the most fudgy, chocolaty, cookie. They are everything I need to satisfy my sweet tooth. The sweet tooth that I feed at least twice everyday! Now if I can limit myself to just twice!
If you throw these babies in the microwave you will get a beautiful gooey mess of a Turtle Cookie! Mmm huh, it’s roll your eyes in the back of your head decadent. Don’t ask me how I know these things!
- 4 T. butter, melted
- 1½ c. semi-sweet cookies
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. flour
- 1 c. pecans, or walnuts if you are in a pinch
- 1¼ c. caramel bits
- 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Micorwave butter until melted. Add 1½ cups chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each one, until melted and smooth.
- Add flour, pecans, anc caramel bits. Stir to combine.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 7-9 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for a few minutes then move to wire rack to completely cool.
- To ice cookies, melt chocolate chips and shortenening in the micorwave until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies.