If you are a serious chocolate lover this one is for you! These Fudgy Turtle Cookies are intense! It just doesn’t get any better than an ultra-fudgy and chocolatey cookie packed with caramel and pecans!
Fudgy Turtle Cookies are not diet food – you’ve been warned!
It’s still January and other food bloggers are sharing all kinds of green smoothie’s and skinny this and that. I get it. Everyone is still trying to lose weight…so am I! I’m not going to lie though, my weight loss plan mostly includes eating smaller portions and only eating dessert twice each day. Hey, don’t judge me, the battle is real and a lot of days I eat dessert and then want to eat another one right after the first one. I’m not giving up dessert. That’s all there is to it! So here’s to Fudgy Turtle Cookies in January!
In my opinion it’s all about balance. If you are trying to cut back a little and still enjoy life eat dessert and check out my Skinny Orange Chicken, Skinny Poolside Dip, or Skinny Salted Caramel Apple Dip. They all happen to be delicious choices that still leave enough wiggle room for things like Fudgy Turtle Cookies!
Fudgy Turtle Cookies – Instructions and step by step photos
Step 1: Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in the microwave. Yes, sweetened condensed milk…need I say more?
Step 2: Add dry ingredients.
This is my favorite part! It’s also the part you have to do with one hand and hold a wooden spoon in the other hand. You know, to guard the caramel bits from grubby little paws that can’t walk past the bowl without grabbing a handful!
Step 3: Add caramel bits and pecans (I used walnuts because that’s all I had and I don’t live by Walmart). Next stir to incorporate.
Step 4: drop by teaspoons on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake. Cool.
Step 5: This last step is totally optional. Somedays I have time for it and somedays I don’t. If you are hanging out waiting to change batches of laundry and have a couple extra minutes you can drizzle the tops with chocolate.
Fudgy Turtle Cookies – Printable recipe
This Fudgy Turtle Cookies recipe is a cinch to make and results in the most fudgy, chocolaty, cookie. They are everything I need to satisfy my sweet tooth. The sweet tooth that I feed at least twice everyday! Now if I can limit myself to just twice!
If you throw these babies in the microwave you will get a beautiful gooey mess of a Turtle Cookie! Mmm huh, it’s roll your eyes in the back of your head decadent. Don’t ask me how I know these things!
Easy Turtle Cookies
- 4 T. butter melted
- 1 1/2 c. semi-sweet cookies
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. flour
- 1 c. pecans or walnuts if you are in a pinch
- 1 1/4 c. caramel bits
- 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Micorwave butter until melted. Add 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each one, until melted and smooth.
- Add flour, pecans, anc caramel bits. Stir to combine.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 7-9 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for a few minutes then move to wire rack to completely cool.
- To ice cookies, melt chocolate chips and shortenening in the micorwave until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies.