On Monday, I shared the recipe for my Strawberry Banana Bread! I love this super moist banana bread. I love that it starts with a cake mix. Life is busy and I need all the shortcuts I can get!
We have been eating this cake for breakfast, after school snacks and as a dessert. I had some fresh strawberries in my fridge and couldn’t resist turning this delish bread into Strawberry Banana Shortcake Bread!
Enhancing the flavors from the Strawberry Banana Bread with fresh strawberries, bananas and freshly whipped cream turned out to be an amazing dessert! Since my family eats banana bread, and bananas, and strawberries for breakfast it only made sense in my mind to serve this Strawberry Banana Shortcake Bread for breakfast too!
I think it is perfect for a spring brunch, a bridal shower or an any other occasion for that matter! Since the bread was already made it only took minutes to throw together for breakfast. You all know how much I treasure my pre-6:00 a.m. time. Serve this for breakfast tomorrow and get a little extra beauty sleep!
Strawberry Banana Shortcake (Bread)
- 4 slices Strawberry Banana Bread see this post for link to recipe
- 2 c. fresh strawberries
- 2 T. sugar
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 c. freshly whipped cream
- Slice strawberries. Sprinkle with sugar. Let sit for a few minutes. I like to do this a few hours before serving. Even the night before works great.
- Set one slice of banana bread on each of four plates.
- Top each slice of bread with a quarter of the strawberries, sliced bananas and whipped cream.
- Serve immediately.