Strawberries and bananas are a classic flavor combination. They work perfectly together in this Strawberry Banana Bread! Since it starts with a cake mix, it’s a snap to throw together and is extra moist!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Now that the “green and rainbow” holiday is over I am moving on to other food that tickles my spring fancy! This Strawberry Banana Bread definitely reminds me of spring!
My friend gave me a recipe for banana bread made from a cake mix. Easy! And so moist! Aren’t the easy recipes made from a few ingredients end up being the most used recipes in the box? Mine are!
The recipe my friend gave me used a yellow cake mix, which is wonderful. I decided I would change it up a little for the spring time and use a strawberry cake mix. I knew it would be good. How can you go wrong with banana and strawberries combo?
One loaf got a strawberry glaze on top. That stuff could be a dessert on its own. Or it could be spread on toast as a replacement for jam. Why do I think of all these things that are so bad for me? Oh well, it was divine!
The other loaf got a dusting of powdered sugar. A heavy dusting! Extra yummy with butter!
Strawberry Banana Bread is perfect for those days when you are short on time but still want to make something special for your family. The pretty pink color makes me feel like spring is in the air. Food makes me feel very seasonal! So, make you some bread and enjoy the spring day!
Strawberry Banana Bread
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1 3 oz. package instant vanilla pudding or banana cream
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 3 T. strawberry jam
- milk add as needed
- 1/2 t. almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 5" x 10" pans.
- Beat bananas until smooth. I don't like chunks of bananas in my bread!
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix on low speed for 1 minute. Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour into greased loaf pans.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Let loaves sit for 10 minutes then remove from pans to wire rack to completely cool.
- Glaze loaves or sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
- Mix all ingredients together starting with 1 T. milk. Add more as needed until you reach drizzling consistency.
Recipe adapted from my friend Angie!