Everything you love about s’mores is captured in S’mores Smoothies; crunchy graham crackers, creamy marshmallows, and decadent chocolate! Thanks to Greek yogurt you can enjoy it knowing you’re fueling your body with calcium, protein, and other vitamins and minerals! Now that’s a win win!
A huge thanks to my friends at Dairy West for sponsoring today’s S’mores Smoothies post! #DairyWest #UndeniablyDairy
Last summer we decided to purchase a piece of desert property as a place for some of our cattle to live. It’s mostly cows that are dry (pregnant and taking a little break before they start milking again) and our heifers (young females that are pregnant with their first baby).
The property is about eight miles from our dairy. The cows living at the desert have to be fed every single morning and on Sunday that’s my two oldest boys chore.
All they really have to do is go drive through the cows and push feed off of a wagon, but it still takes time and they have to do it.
While the older two boys feed at the desert the little one gets to feed the horses, a few calves (baby cows), and the dogs!
S’mores Smoothies for a quick breakfast, snack, or dessert!
By time they finish up their chores they have to really hussle to get to church on time. Being late drives me crazy and I think it should drive them crazy too. So I’m pretty much hounding them to hurry up all morning long!
We survive by eating on the go meals and snacks around here all the time and Sundays are no exception. I need something I can hand to them and they can slurp it down on their way to the shower!
S’mores Smoothies happens to be one of those quick and easy breakfasts that helps everyone get out the door on time in the mornings! It’s also one of those snacks they love grabbing after school before they head out to do chores on the farm.
S’mores Smoothies…so much skinnier than you think!
Consider yogurt a secret weapon in your eating plan. Yogurt contains two nutrients Americans typically don’t get enough of – calcium and potassium plus protein and probiotics. Nutrition plays a key role in a healthy lifestyle, and dairy is a doctor-recommended, established part of a healthy diet. For more nutrition education or to Ask a Dietitian, visit dairywest.com.
Let’s talk about what’s in S’mores Smoothies!
- They are made with Greek yogurt (hello calcium, protein, and lots of other essential vitamins and nutrients)
- I use milk to thin my smoothies opposed to juice because milk doesn’t have any added sugars, just the naturally occuring sugars!
- Add as much, or as little, chocolate syrup as you want. In other words, you control the amount of sugar you add. I’m not going to lie…my boys can get a touch carried away!
- Garnishes are obviously fun, and add calories, so they are completely optional!
What I’m loving about S’mores Smoothies
- They are a great breakfast, snack, or dessert.
- When I’m trying to cut back on my full on sugary desserts these will satisfy my cravings.
- They are fast, easy, and completely portable.
- Come on…who doesn’t love s’mores?
I’m guessing your kids don’t have animals to feed in the morning and if they do it’s probably a dog, cat, or a few fish and getting the job done doesn’t involve tractors,pitchforks,and trucks.
S’mores Smoothies are a popular after school snack around here too. They are great for fueling my boys up before they head out to the farm to do chores.
If your kids are involved in sports or other extracurricular activities S’mores Smoothies are a great way to get good for you stuff in them while they wait for dinner!
S’mores Smoothies are a lifesaver for me because I just can’t let a single day pass without getting a chocolate fix! S’mores Smoothies let me feel like I’m getting enough chocolate without totally derailing my healthy eating plans!
Have a fantastic and healthy day!
S’mores Smoothie printable recipe!
- 2 c. vanilla Greek yogurt
- ¼ c. milk
- ⅓ c. powdered chocolate milk mix
- 1 c. ice cubes
- 1 graham cracker
- 2 T. marshmallow cream (you could substitite 1 T honey if you don't have marshmallow cream or don't want to open a jar of marshmallow cream. However, the cream does add a nice s'mores flavor!)
- GARNISH (optional)
- whipped cream
- chocolate shavings
- mini marshmallows
- chocolate syrup
- graham crackers
- Add Greek yogurt, milk, powdered chocolate milk mix, ice, graham cracker (broken into big chunks), and marshmallow cream into blender.
- The consistency of Greek yogurt varies from brand to brand. You may need to adjust the thickness of the smoothie. If your smoothie is too thick add more milk one Tablespoon at a time. To thicken your smoothie add more ice.
- Pour in glasses. Garnish as desired. Serve immediately!
- NOTE: To get that cool chocolate swirl on the insides of your glasses drizzle a little chocolate syrup on the inside walls of the glass. Then pour smoothie into glass.
Regardless, life is busy and sometimes quick and easy breakfasts are a must! Here are a few more breakfast ideas you can either make ahead or are super easy to make in the morning!
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Quesadilla
- Egg, Ham, and Cheese Sliders
- Chocolate Greek Yogurt Parfaits
- Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Burrito Bowls
- Chocolate Granola