S’mores Monkey Bread is the BEST way to enjoy indoor s’mores in the oven! This overnight breakfast recipe makes you feel like you’re eating a gooey s’mores dessert for breakfast and some days there’s nothing wrong with that! This pull apart bread has little pieces of bread, marshmallows, plenty of chocolate, and graham crackers nestled and baked in salted caramel sauce! It’s as divine as you are imagining!
Thanks to my friends at Rhodes Bake N’ Serve for sponsoring todays post! As always, all opinions are my own. #Rhodes #frozendough
S’mores Monkey Bread is the most decadent breakfast I think I’ve ever had! It takes indoor s’more ideas to a whole new level of deliciousness! I mean, who can resist homemade bread in the first place? But, covering it with chocolate and salted caramel sauce is insanely delicious!
How to make S’mores Monkey Bread
This S’mores Monkey Bread recipe is so easy to make! I’ll walk you through every step and so you’ll exactly how to make it!
- Thaw Rhodes dinner rolls only until they are soft enough to cut with scissors.
- Heavily grease a 10” cast iron skillet or other oven safe baking dish
- Gather chocolate chips and miniature marshmallows
- Finely crush graham crackers set in a shallow dish
- Melt butter in a shallow dish
- Once rolls are soft enough to cut, cut them in quarters with scissors
- Coat each piece of dough in melted butter, then roll in graham cracker crumbs
- Layer pieces in cast iron skillet
- Top with marshmallows (reserve a few for later) and chocolate chips
- Let rise until doubled in size, usually about 2 hours
- Make caramel sauce by warming caramel ice cream topping and marshmallows over medium heat. Add a few sprinkles of course sea salt.
- Drizzle caramel sauce all over monkey bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and top with extra marshmallows, pieces of chocolate candy bar, and pieces of graham crackers
- Bake for about 2-4 more minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown. Watch closely or they will burn!
What’s the best chocolate for making S’mores?
Of course, plain old Hershey’s milk chocolate candy bars are classic and there’s a reason for that! They are thin enough to melt easily just from the temperature of the toasty marshmallow. Milk chocolate melts better than semi-sweet chocolate so it’s a great choice!
You can also get creative and try using peanut butter cups, mint patties, add Oreo’s, or any other type of candy bar!
Feel free to customize S’mores Monkey Bread by switching up the chocolate too! It will take on a fun new flavor and who knows? It just might be your favorite!
How to thaw Rhodes Rolls?
I always use method #1 for making monkey bread. Remember, we’re only thawing them until they are soft enough to cut for this recipe!
- Set Rhodes rolls in a greased baking dish, cover with greased plastic wrap. Let sit at room temperature until doubled in size. Usually about 4 hours but will depend on room temperature.
- Set rolls in a greased baking dish, cover with greased plastic wrap. Set in refrigerator overnight, or for about 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees then turn oven off. Set rolls in a greased baking dish, cover with greased plastic wrap. Set a pan of boiling water on the bottom rack of oven. Place pan with rolls on top rack in oven. Close door. Let sit for about an hour.
Monkey bread with yeast rolls vs. Monkey bread with biscuits
There are obviously pros and cons to both, however I’m in the yeast rolls camp ALL. THE. WAY.
Biscuits in a can are faster, require less planning ahead, and are easier to use because all you need to do is pop a can open and you’re there.
BUT…using Rhodes frozen dough is super EASY too! Yes, you must plan a little farther in advance than 5 minutes before you want to make S’mores Monkey Bread. But it’s so worth it! You still don’t have to bust out the stand mixer and make homemade bread, yet no one will know you didn’t! You just can’t beat that!
When to serve S’mores Monkey Bread
Monkey bread, or pull apart bread, is typically served for breakfast! To turn it into and overnight breakfast recipe assemble it all the way through step 9. Cover it with greased plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. All that’s left is making the caramel sauce and baking it in the morning.
Because this recipe is so decadent it also makes a fantastic s’mores dessert! If you want to up your sugar intake it would be divine dipped in my homemade chocolate sauce! You’re welcome!
Other Monkey Bread Recipes
- Ham Egg and Cheese Monkey Bread
- Cheesy Bacon Ranch Monkey Bread
- Coconut Lime Monkey Bread
- Birthday Cake Monkey Bread
- Easy Cranberry Orange Monkey Bread
- Cherry Cheesecake Monkey Bread
- Peppermint Bark Monkey Bread
Grab my S’mores Monkey Bread recipe!
My boys are finally out of school for the summer! HOORAY! Now they back to work full time on the farm and we couldn’t be more thrilled!
Last week we had so much rain, then it got warm and created a hard as a rock crust in the corn fields. Unfortunately, the corn hasn’t popped through the ground and isn’t strong enough to bust though the hard crust. So, Carson gets to drive this old school, unairconditioned tractor through about 300 acres of fields!
Whatever you have your kids busy doing, enjoy them!
For the Monkey Bread
- 9 Rhodes Rolls
- 1/4 c. butter, melted
- 2/3 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1 c. miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 3/4 c. caramel ice cream topping
- 3/4 c. miniature marshmallows
- dash of sea salt
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar
- 1/4 c. minature marshmallows
- 1 graham cracker, broken into pieces
Monkey Bread Assembly Instructions
1. Thaw Rhodes dinner rolls only until they are soft enough to cut with scissors.
2. Heavily grease a 10” cast iron skillet or other oven safe baking dish
3. Gather chocolate chips and miniature marshmallows
4. Finely crush graham crackers set in a shallow dish
5. Melt butter in a shallow dish
6. Once rolls are soft enough to cut, cut them in quarters with scissors
7. Coat each piece of dough in melted butter, then roll in graham cracker crumbs
8. Layer pieces in cast iron skillet
9. Top with marshmallows (reserve a few for later) and chocolate chips
10. Let rise until doubled in size, usually about 2 hours
11. Make caramel sauce by warming caramel ice cream topping and marshmallows over medium heat. Add a few sprinkles of course sea salt.
12. Drizzle caramel sauce all over monkey bread.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Bake for 15 minutes
3. Remove from oven and top with extra marshmallows, pieces of chocolate candy bar, and pieces of graham crackers
4. Bake for about 2-4 more minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown. Watch closely or they will burn!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1 Roll
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 336 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 16mg Sodium: 362mg Carbohydrates: 54g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 34g Protein: 5g