Slow Cooker Creamy Taco Soup takes ordinary taco soup to a whole new level of comforting yumminess! Not that there’s anything wrong with ordinary taco soup, but making it creamy…now that’s simply the right thing to do! It’s a little spicy, a lot hearty, and way creamy!
Are you one of those people that freezes all winter long? Unfortunately I am! When I agreed to marry my husband I was also agreeing to live on this stinky dairy farm in Eastern Idaho, otherwise known as the coldest and windiest part of Idaho!
Part of the agreement was that I would live here, if he would not make me leave the house to go to work AND give me a fireplace! Well, I work from home, have a wood fireplace downstairs, a propane fireplace upstairs, and an electric heater that blows on my feet while I work in my office! I guess he kept his end of the deal!
I’m grateful to be warm while I’m working in my house but I do have to leave every once in awhile ! And I’m not going to even pretend like it’s okay out there in the winter. Everytime I head out of a store I tell Justin how my leg hairs are growing (I swear they grow faster when I get goosebumps) the whole way back to the car. And I might even claim that my nostrils are getting frozen shut, and that my once broken finger (6th grade basketball injury) is aching because it’s too cold. And I have to spend half of my income on warm fuzzy boots and cozy coats so I don’t freeze!
As you can imagine I LOVE warming up to a piping hot bowl of soup almost everyday all winter long! There’s just something magical about warming up from the inside out!
Slow Cooker Creamy Taco Soup hits the spot EVERY. SINGLE. TIME! I’m telling you how can you go wrong with soup like this?
- It’s made in the slow cooker…how easy is that?
- It’s Mexican food! I can’t resist (Fiesta Mexican Dip, Beef and Bean Burritos, Beef Enchilada Stacks,
- All I you have to do is open a few cans and throw them in the slow cooker.
- At almost any given moment I have leftover taco meat in my fridge which gives me a headstart on making Slow Cooker Cream Taco Soup! (P.S.All of those Mexican foods I listed above can be made out of leftover taco meat. Get some in the fridge ASAP!)
When it comes time to serve Creamy Slow Cooker Taco Soup all you need to do is add put it in a bowl and top it with sour cream (more creaminess), cheese, and corn chips. You can get as carried away as you want and add chopped cilantro, avocados, diced tomatoes, sliced olives, and green onions! You decide how carried away you want to get!
My family never complains about sliding their two feet under the table when they know they are getting Slow Cooker Creamy Taco Soup! Justin never complains about my excessive coldness! He does look at me like I’m crazy though…probably because he knows I’m going to put my ice cube feet on him as soon as we get in bed! And yes, we have a heated mattress pad an electric blanket! May the summer be here before we know it!
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and crumbled
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 10 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 15.25 oz. corn
- 1 16 oz. can chili beans
- 1 15.5 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 pkg ranch seasoning
- 1 8 oz. pkg cream cheese, room temperature
- Garnish: Grated cheddar cheese, sour cream, corn chips, diced tomatoes, avocados, sliced olives, chopped cilantro, green onions
- Add all ingredients except cream cheese and garnish to slow cooker. Don’t drain any of the cans except the kidney beans. Just add the juice and all from the other cans.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for about 6 hours. All slow cookers cook a little differently. Your time might need adjusted!
- Just before you are ready to serve add a package of cream cheese. Stir it in. Sometimes it helps to let it sit in the soup for a few minutes then stir it in!
- Serve with any garnishes you choose!