If weeknight meals are a new priority for you, or if they’ve always been a priority and you want to change your menu up a bit, Slow Cooker Creamy Nachos is your recipe! It’s so quick and easy that you will have dinner on the table in no time. And if you happen to have any leftover you could create a new dish with the same creamy chicken and no one will even notice! Now that’s my kind of meal!
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Nachos
- 3 chicken breasts See note below
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 can black beans drained
- 3/4 c. salsa
- 1 can cream chicken soup
- 1 T. honey
- 1 T. lime
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 4 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- Grated Cheese
- Cilantro for garnish
- Guacamole sour cream, salsa, olives, diced tomatoes for serving, optional
- Add corn, beans, salsa, cream chicken soup, honey, lime, and taco seasoning to slow cooker. Stir to mix together.
- Set chicken in slow cooker and give it a little stir so it's covered with sauce.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.
- When you are ready to serve remove chicken and shred. Add chicken back to slow cooker. Add cream cheese and stir to until it's all melted.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick baking spray.
- Add a layer of chips to prepared baking sheet, followed by a layer of grated cheese, then repeat if desired. You can use as big, or small baking sheet as you want. And it's easy to make a few nachos or a lot depending on how many people you are serving. Just adjust the amount of chips you use.
- Spoon Creamy Chicken Sauce over chips.
- Sprinkle another layer of cheese over chicken sauce.
- Bake for about 5-10 minutes or until the whole thing is heated through and bubbly. Cheese should be melted.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with sour cream, salsa, guacomole, and cilantro if desired.
- NOTE: I HAD SHREDDED CHICKEN ALREADY IN THE FREEZER THE DAY I MADE THESE SO I USED IT. I WAS ABLE TO REDUCE THE SLOW COOKER TIME BECAUSE MY CHICKEN WAS ALREADY COOKED. IN FACT, I COULD HAVE MADE THEM IN A SAUCEPAN IF I WANTED TO, OR I COULD HAVE LEFT THEM IN THE SLOW COOKER FOR THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME LISTE IN THE DIRECTIONS. IT'S HARD TO MESS THIS RECIPE UP!
- IF YOU MAKE MORE CHICKEN MIXTURE THAN YOU WANT TO USE FOR NACHOS IT MAKES FANTASTIC BURRITO BOWLS OR CHICKEN TACOS. IT MIGHT EVEN BE BETTER THE NEXT DAY!