Slow Cooker Chicken Drumsticks
- 3 T. brown sugar
- 1 T. sweet paprika
- 1 T. smokey paprika
- 1 T. chili powder
- 1 T. dry mustard
- 1 T. ground cumin
- 1 T. garlic powder
- 1 T. onion powder
- 1/4 t. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1/2 t. Kosher salt
- 1/4 c. apple juice
- 4 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 2 c. barbecue sauce I like Famous Dave's
- Add all the seasonings to a gallon sized zip lock bag. Toss to combine.
- Rinse chicken. Pat dry. Add to zip lock bag and shake to coat with seasoning rub.
- Refrigerate overnight if desired
- Add apple juice to the bottom of slow cooker. Place drumsticks in slow cooker. Drizzle with 1/2 cup barbecue sauce.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- When chicken has finished cooking in slow cooker, lower your oven rack about 12 inches from the broiler element. Preheat oven to to broil.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Set drumsticks in a single layer on baking sheet. Brush with half of the remaining barbecue sauce. I like lots!
- Broil for 3-5 minutes or until barbecue sauce begins to caramelize. Watch close so they don't burn.
- Flip drumsticks over and brush with remaining barbecue sauce. Broil for 3-5 more minutes.
- Grab napkins, you are going to need them!
Recipe adapted from: Recipes that Crock