I love wandering around my house smelling scrumptious apple cider simmering away in the slow cooker. I also love sitting by my fireplaces and sipping on some of that hot apple cider! It just seems like the right thing to do.
Slow cooker apple cider is a cinch to make. Especially since it only contains two ingredients. And you know if it has “slow cooker” in the title it’s going to be quick and easy. The only drawback to making this belly warming drink is that I end up with cider mugs all over my kitchen. I’m a bit of a clean freak so I have to remind myself to deal with it! It’s worth it though when my boys all gather around the table and sip cider and reminisce about the past! It makes the mess all worth it!
Go throw a few, like two, ingredients in your slow cooker and warm your family up. Don’t forget to overlook the messy mugs and enjoy the smell of the cider wafting through the house!
By the way, I hope your husband is an overachiever and has provided two fireplaces to nestle up to with your cider!
Slow Cooker Apple Cider
- 1 gallon apple cider I used sugar free
- 1/3 cup red hot candies more or less to taste
- Pour apple cider into a large slow cooker. Add red hot candies. Stir.
- Turn slow cooker on low for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Leave slow cooker on warm for as long as desired.
- Serve warm!