I’m pretty sure this side dish is going to be a summer staple at our house. You are going to fall in love with how simple it is and how fresh it tastes!
- 1 c. orzo pasta
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. fresh spinach, chopped
- ¾ c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ a lemon zest and juice, more to taste
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme, or a tsp fresh minced thyme
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to boil. Add orzo and reduce to heat. Simmer uncovered for 8-10 minutes. The orzo will absorb most of the broth as it cooks, although you want a little remaining broth.
- Remove pasta from heat and stir in chopped spinach, cheese, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately!
This recipe was previously shared on Ella Clair Inspired!