My slow cooker saves my life! Especially when I can throw a whole meal in there, go about my day and have dinner ready when I get home. This Pork Pot Roast comes out of the slow cooker so moist and tender that it falls apart. Sage is a perfect pairing with pork! Add some potatoes and carrots and you have all of the best flavors of fall!
This is so easy! Put your roast in your slow cooker. Generously sprinkle with sage, Kosher salt and pepper. Rub herbs and spices into roast with your fingers. Add about a cup of chicken broth to the bottom of slow cooker.
I bribed my nine year old into helping me in the kitchen by letting him cut the carrots and potatoes. Boys are all about any jobs that use a knife. If I remember right, he pretended like he was butchering an animal. Hey, boys are just like that!
Anyway… cut potatoes, carrots and onions (or bribe your nine year old into doing it for you). Smash a couple cloves of garlic. Add all of the veggie to the slow cooker. If you have fresh sage leftover from your garden you can throw it on top.
Just look how pretty all of that is!!
Let it cook in your slow cooker on high for about 4-5 hours. Or on low for about 7-8 hours.
It’s not quite as pretty when it gets done cooking, but it smells and tastes amazing!
Sage Rubbed Pork Pot Roast
- 1 pork roast use whatever size you want
- Ground sage to taste (I used about 2 tsp.)
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Fresh sprig sage optional
- 6 carrots
- 4 potatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- Place roast in slow cooker. Generously sprinkle roast with seasonings. Rub into meat with fingers.
- Add chicken broth to slow cooker.
- Cut potatoes, carrots and onions. Smash garlic cloves. Add to slow cooker.
- Put fresh sage on top of roast.
- Cook in slow cooker on high 4-5 hours or on low 7-8 hours.
- Remove veggies with slotted spoon. Let roast rest for a minute. Slice or shred roast. Serve warm!