Crispy treats are a dangerous thing at my house. I cannot leave them alone. I’m not sure why I torture myself by coming up with new and equally addiction new versions of the old classic. I can’t be stopped!
The other day I was at the grocery store and they had a killer deal on cold cereal. My husband happened to be with me that day and he can’t be helped when it comes to good deals. He insisted we buy about twenty boxes of cereal. I saw about five boxes of Cocoa Puffs and that’s when they wheels started turning. I knew I wanted to mix them in melted butter and marshmallows!
Not only do I love crispy treats. I also adore Reese’s Pieces, especially the mini ones. Let’s face it, puppies, calves, kids and Reese’s Pieces are cuter when they are little!
I love crispy treats for other reasons than just because I love them. The are a good choice because everyone loves them. When I’m racking my brain for a dessert idea and I only have about 10 minutes before I need it, I always turn to crispy treats. In addition to all of those reasons, they are the perfect lunch box treat. They don’t crumble, get smashed or dry out. And they bring really good money during the 4th grade lunch hour!
If you have ten extra minutes you should definitely whip up a batch of these!
Reese's Pieces Cocoa Puff Bars
- 3 T. butter
- 1 10 oz. bag mini marshmallows
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 1 t. vanilla
- 6 c. cocoa puffs
- 1 1/2 c. Reese's Mini Pieces
- Grease 9" x 13 " pan.
- Measure cereal in separate bowl.
- In a large microwavable bowl, melt butter, about 30 seconds.
- Toss marshmallows in butter to coat. Cook in microwave until marshmallows are puffy and soft, about 1 minute.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Toss Cocoa Puffs with butter/peanut butter mixture until coated.
- Pour into greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle Reese's Pieces on top of bars. Press Reese's Pieces firmly into the bars so they will stick.
- Cool. Cut in bars.