Reese’s Apple Salad is a fun way to change up and old classic! You will fall in love with everything about this apple salad from the crisp apples, to the luscious filling, to the peanut butter candies!
I grew up in an extremely rural area. My school was a two room school house and most of my classmates were also my siblings. Sometimes I feel like I can relate to people who are about 70 years because we grew up in similar ways. One of the things about my school that could be viewed as either a blessing or a curse is that we didn’t have a cafeteria. We were allowed to use the fridge and one of the teachers aid’s would put foil wrapped food in the oven for 30 minutes. Even though we had that option we still ended up eating LOTS of peanut butter sandwiches. For some reason I feel like peanut butter sandwiches, apples, and potato chips just go together. Maybe a little bit like eggs and toast. Am I the only one on the apple+peanut butter+potato chip bandwagon?
This spindly apple tree is growing in my yard. Despite its wimpy build, it is producing nice honey crisp apples that are just right in this salad
Reese’s Apple Salad-Ingredients
One of the best things about this salad is how few ingredients are needed. You will need
diced apples – I used granny smith and honey crisp
instant vanilla pudding
peanut butter cups
a drizzle of caramel
Reese’s Apple Salad-Instuctions
Mix pudding mix and milk together, fold in whipped topping.
Dice apples and peanut butter cups. Fold apples into whipped topping mixture.
Reserve a few peanut butter cups for garnish, and gently fold the remaining cups into salad.
Drizzle caramel ice cream topping over salad. Refrigerate for a few hours. Serve
Maybe Reese’s Apple Salad is more like a dessert than a salad, considering it has candy bars and pudding in it. Who cares? It’s simple to make, always a hit at parties, and I say if you can eat dessert and pass it off as a salad why not! This is the salad you should make this fall!
Reese's Apple Salad
- 4 apples diced (I used granny smith and honey crisp)
- 1 5.1 oz. pkg instant vanilla pudding
- 1 c. milk
- 1 8 oz. whipped topping
- 8 peanut butter cups diced
- caramel ice cream topping for garnish
- Mix milk and pudding together. Fold in whipped topping.
- Dice apples and peanut butter cups. Fold apples into whipped topping mixture. Reserve a few of the diced peanut butter cups for garnish. Fold the remaining peanut butter cups into salad.
- Sprinkle reserved peanut butter cups on top of salad. Drizzle with caramel ice cream topping.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.