Pressure Cooker Lime Verde Chicken is a five ingredient recipe that only takes about 20 minutes to make! This ultra tender chicken is a versatile recipe that can be used to make chicken tacos, burritos, enchiladas, salads, nachos, and more!
Make sure you don’t miss out on any of my new recipes! Sign up for my newsletter and I’ll send them straight to your inbox!
Pressure Cooker Lime Verde Chicken is one of those staples at our house! It’s awesome because once you have it made the options are endless, not to mention quick and easy!
A few weeks ago I bought a HUGE bag of limes and I’ve been adding them to pretty much everything since! I thought it would make a perfect addition to verde salsa chicken and boy was I right! I’m madly in love with the added zing it gives to this recipe!
There are millions of meals you can make with this recipe!
That’s one of my favorite things about this chicken. Once you have cooking in the pressure cooker (or leftovers in the fridge) your more than half way to a super easy dinner regardless of what you decide to make with it!
- Chicken Tacos – add your favorite toppings and squeeze a little extra lime juice over the top for an extra punch of flavor
- Chicken Pizza – check out this Chicken Taco Pizza recipe for inspiration
- Tortas (Mexican sandwiches) – toast a bun and add chicken and cheese, then toast again. Sauteed onions, peppers, and mushrooms would be tasty piled on there too!
- Nachos – See my Hawaiian Pulled Pork Nacho recipe for fun ideas
- Chicken Burritos – Substitute chicken for beef in this Quick and Easy Beef Burritos recipe
- Pasta – add it to mac and cheese, or other pasta dishes
How to cook chicken in the pressure cooker.
Set a couple chicken breasts in pressure cooker pot. Pour store bought salsa verde, garlic paste, a bit of cumin, and plenty of freshly squeezed lime juice over the chicken.
Put the lid on and let it cook for 10 minutes. Let pressure cooker naturally release for 5 minutes.
After chicken has finished cooking you’ll need to shred it. Here’s three ways to do that.
- Use an electric mixer – see my Easy Shredded Chicken post to see how to do it with zero elbow grease involved! If you have a hand held mixer you can use it to shred chicken right in the pressure cooker.
- Leave chicken breasts in pressure cooker and shred with two forks.
- Remove from pressure cooker and pull apart with two forks.
Toss chicken in lime verde sauce in the pressure cooker! And it’s ready to serve!
Can I freeze shredded chicken?
Yep! This shredded chicken recipe freezes beautifully! Make sure it’s completely cooled first, then add portions to freezer bags or containers.
To be honest, this recipe is so easy to make, and the leftovers are so delicious and easy to use up we I don’t typically freeze it. I’d prefer to make it and eat it fresh. Besides, we rarely have leftovers to freeze anyway.
However, if you know life is going to get super crazy it’s handy to have in the freezer to pull out when you need a quick meal.
Can Lime Verde Chicken be made in the slow cooker?
Abosultely! Follow the same instructions as you would for the pressure cooker, except you’ll obviously add everything to the slow cooker instead.
Cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 6 hours. Then shred and return to that scrumptious sauce you’ll have in the slow cooker.
Grab my Pressure Cooker Lime Verde Chicken Recipe!
This recipe is a staple at our house! I’m completely in love with the extra flavor lime packs in every single bite! For reals, add this to your menu this week! Not only can you eat it on Monday, but you can repurpose it and eat it all throughout the week. Now that’s #winning!
Pressure Cooker Lime Verde Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 16 oz. bottle salsa verde
- 3-4 limes
- 1 tsp. garlic paste or 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- lime wedges
- Add chicken breasts, salsa verde, garlic, cumin, salt, and juices from limes to pressure cooker.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Let naturally release for 5 minutes.
- Shred chicken using two forks, or using an electic mixer. Add toss shredded chicken with verde sauce in pressure cooker pot. Toss to coat chicken with sauce.
- Taste and add more lime juice and salt if needed.
- Use meat to make tacos, burritos, enchiladas, salads, soup, or sandwiches.
- Refrigerate leftovers up to two days or freeze up to two months.