A Pizza Quesadilla is a fun new way to enjoy pepperoni pizza! This quick and easy 5-minute recipe is even easier than homemade pizza because you don’t even have to make the crust! It still has all the cheese and plenty of meat!
This recipe was written in 2014. It was updated in 2020 to include new images and more detailed instructions. The recipe was already delish, so it stayed the same!
I imagine that most families that have kids in them could about survive on pizza. Well you know, I live an hour from the nearest Pizza Hut. I love to make pizza at home but sometimes I don’t have time for that.
These quesadillas are my replacement! About 10 minutes after I start whipping them up we have Pepperoni Pizza Quesadillas! It’s much faster than driving to town. Besides we love these things!
I’m guessing your tribe loves pizza as much as we do and will enjoy Pizza Salad, Breakfast Pizza, Carnitas Pizza, Pizza Sliders, BBQ Chicken Pizza, Chicken Taco Pizza, and of course Dessert Pizza too! They’re all great quick and easy dinner ideas!
How to make Pizza Quesadillas
I love using a cast-iron skillet for making quesadillas because they heat so evenly and make it the perfect amount of crispy! I used to be scared of them because I thought they were hard to clean, but not so! Check out this easy 3 step Cast Iron cleaning method from Lodge.
STEP 1: Heat a large skillet over medium heat. If you use higher heat the outside of the tortilla will be brown and the insides will still be cold.
STEP 2: Add butter and let it melt.
STEP 3: Put a tortilla in the pan. You can use flour, gluten-free, low carb, corn, or whole wheat tortillas.
STEP 4: Sprinkle a thin layer of grated mozzarella cheese over the tortilla.
Check out my guide on freezing cheese for tips on keeping it on hand all the time.
STEP 5: Add a layer of pepperoni slices over cheese. You can also use other meats like chicken, steak, ham, etc.
STEP 6: Add vegetables or pineapple (optional)
STEP 7: Sprinkle on another layer of cheese.
STEP 8: Place another tortilla on top.
STEP 9: Continue cooking until the bottom tortilla is golden brown, then flip the quesadilla.
STEP 10: Cook the other side until it’s golden brown.
STEP 11: Move to a cutting board to cool for one minute. Cut into wedges.
Quesadilla Recipe Ideas
Quesadillas are one of our favorite meals and they happen to be a great place to use up leftovers! Just add whatever meat and vegetables you have in your fridge. You can also use different sauces like barbecue, ranch, honey mustard, etc. Here are a few ideas to get you started on fun recipes beyond plain old cheese quesadillas (which of course there is nothing wrong with)!
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Quesadilla – with ham and cheese
- Chicken and Bacon Quesadilla – like Alice Springs chicken
- Ham and Egg Breakfast Quesadilla – with hard-boiled eggs and ham
- Steak Fajita Quesadilla – a perfect way to use leftover steak
- BLT Quesadilla – just like the classic sandwich…so good!
- Philly Cheesesteak Quesadilla – sauteed peppers and onions
- Pork and Mushroom Quesadilla – with caramelized onions
Grab the Pizza Quesadilla Recipe
Pizza Quesadillas are a great option if you’re looking for a crustless pizza, gluten-free pizza, or if you want a pizza without yeast. My family seriously goes crazy for these things! I’m pretty sure yours will too!
For the Quesadillas
- 4 flour tortillas
- 4 ounces pepperoni sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce for dipping
- sliced olives
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. If you use higher heat the outside of the tortilla will be brown and the insides will still be cold.
- Add butter and let it melt.
- Put a tortilla in the pan. You can use flour, gluten-free, low carb, corn, or whole wheat tortillas.
- Sprinkle a thin layer of grated mozzarella cheese over the tortilla.
- Add a layer of pepperoni slices over cheese. You can also use other meats like chicken, steak, ham, etc.
- Add vegetables or pineapple (optional)
- Sprinkle on another layer of cheese.
- Place another tortilla on top.
- Continue cooking until the bottom tortilla is golden brown, then flip the quesadilla.
- Cook the other side until it’s golden brown.
- Move to a cutting board to cool for one minute. Cut into wedges.