Every kid loves pepperoni pizza! They will go crazy for these crispy quesadilla’s filled with gooey cheese and pepperoni! Serve with a side of marinara! The kids will beg you for more!
I imagine that most families that have kids in them could about survive on pizza. Well you know, I live and hour from the nearest Pizza Hut. I love to make my own pizza but sometimes I do not have time for that. These quesadillas are my replacement! About 10 minutes after I start whipping them up we have Pepperoni Pizza Quesadillas! Much faster than driving to town. Besides we love these things!
All I do is sprinkle some grated mozzarella cheese on a tortilla. Did you know grated cheese freezes really well? It does! And it helps out with the whole living an hour from town.
Sprinkle a little more grated cheese on top! Set another tortilla on top of all the toppings.
I love a few more toppings on my quesadilla than my boys do. So I added extras to mine because, well, I’m cooking and I that means I’m in charge!
My boys eat LOVE marinara sauce so I serve it on the side. Ranch is quite tasty too!
This is a much loved alternative to pizza! You can’t beat how easy it is to make this ultra yummy pizza quesadilla! Let everyone add what they want and turn it into a pizza party!
Pepperoni Pizza Quesadilla
- 4 flour tortilla shells
- 4 oz. pepperoni sliced
- 1 c. mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 t. butter
- 1/2 c. marinara sauce for dipping
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS:
- sliced olives diced green peppers, sliced mushrooms, ham
- Lay two tortilla shells flat. Sprinkle 1/4 c. grated cheese on each shell.
- Layer half of the pepperoni on top of grated cheese.
- Divide remaining cheese in half and sprinkle on top of pepperoni.
- Top each quesadilla with additional tortilla shell.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Carefully set quesadilla in skillet. Cook until 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully flip, so the filling doesn't fall out. Continue to cook until the other side is golden brown.
- Repeat with other tortilla.
- Cut in wedges and serve warm.
- Add any additional toppings you like after first sprinkling of cheese.