S’mores are a favorite summer time treat! Peanut Butter Cup S’mores are a simple, not to mention super cute, no bake s’mores treat! Peanut butter cups are classic anyway so it seemed like a match made in Heaven to me!
Welcome to the final day, Day #6 of Kick Off to Summer Week, a multi-blogger event co-host by Lauren of From Gate to Plate and Summer of Summer Scraps. With summer quickly approaching and Memorial Day in a few weeks, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your Memorial Day activities. For the past six days we have been serving up a variety of different appetizers, main dishes, desserts, decor, printables and more all centered around the up-coming Memorial Day. We hope you enjoyed all of these wonderful ideas and thank you for tuning in each day. We have great prizes up for grabs and you will not want to miss out on any of the days! Be sure to check out previous days out here. Follow #KickOffToSummerWeek2014 on Twitter to keep up to date with all of our spectacular ideas and giveaways!
At my house we love experimenting with our food. Since we have a hot dog roast about once a week during the summer, we eat lots of s’mores. This gives us lots of chances to experiment with them. Substituting a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup for a chocolate bar is quite good. You should try it!
Some days during the summer I don’t have it in me to let the kids start a fire. Once they build a fire, they want to sit around it all night long. The summer begs me to eat s’mores though. These Peanut Butter Cup S’mores are perfect for smoke free days! All the taste without all of the smelly mess or late night fire chats.
I decided to try making a few of them in a regular size muffin tin. Then I sprinkled marshmallows and chocolate chips on top. They got golden brown under the broiler. And of course I had to drizzle them with more chocolate. This method tasted the same as making them in smaller muffin tins. I think the small ones were cuter though! If I was making them again I would try swirling the marshmallows and chocolate chips together after they were melted.
Peanut Butter Cup S’mores are a perfect treat to bring to a summer picnic or barbecue. They are simple to serve (no cutting or portioning involved). They are easy to make. Look how dang cute they are! Trust me, you will be the hit with these little cuties!
Peanut Butter Cup S'mores
- 3/4 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 1 3/4 c. powdered sugar
- 15 large marshmallows
- 1 c. dipping chocolate
- Line muffin tins with liners.
- Reserve 1 Tablespoon graham cracker crumbs.
- Melt butter.
- Mix butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar and graham cracker crumbs together until combined.
- Use a small cookie scoop (about 1 Tablespoon size) to scoop peanut butter mixture into tins. Press the the mixture down, making an indention in the middle. I used an inverted soda pop bottle. It was the perfect size.
- Cut marshmallows in half. Press sticky side down into the indention in the peanut butter cup. Move oven rack a few places down from the broiler. Set peanut butter cups under the broiler until marshmallows are golden brown. Watch close!
- Melt dipping chocolate in the microwave, stirring after each 30 second interval until chocolate is smooth.
- Spoon a small amount of chocolate over each peanut butter cup. Sprinkle with reserved graham cracker crumbs.
- Let sit until firm.