This past winter was a long cold one. When Mister Sunshine finally comes out, I really start craving fresh food. Justin loves Balsamic Vinegar. I decided to try to disguise a healthy meal with an orange balsamic vinaigrette. Success. He loved it and it’s a good thing, because I loved it so much, that I was going to keep making it anyway!!
Combine orange juice concentrate, balsamic vinegar, and sugar in a sauce pan. Heat over medium heat until slightly reduced. You don’t want it too thick. Then add orange zest. Let cool.
Cook pasta according to directions.
Slice strawberries, kiwi and pineapple. Or just use whatever fresh fruit you have around. I like to use different colors so it looks really pretty.
Add baby spinach.
Toss all together.
Drizzle Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette over the Salad.
Top with parmesan cheese shavings. (This part is not optional. I cannot write a post that doesn’t include dairy products.)
And to make it a more manly meal, add sliced grilled chicken. Lots of it.
- 4 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- ⅓ cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Pasta, I like bowtie, but anything is fine
- Parmesan Cheese
- Grilled Chicken (optional)
- Heat balsamic vinegar, sugar and orange juice over medium heat until slightly reduced. Stir in orange zest. Let cool to room temperature.
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Slice kiwi, strawberries and pineapple. Slice chicken if you are using it.
- Toss spinach, pasta and fruit together. Add chicken if you want it.
- Drizzle dressing over salad.
- Top with slivers of parmesan cheese. Do it. The salty cheese makes a great contrast to the sweet of the fruit.
- Serve immediately.