If you love mint and chocolate as much as I do, you MUST try No Churn Mint Cookie Ice Cream! It’s creamy and absolutely LOADED with mint cookies, mint chips, and swirled with caramel and hot fudge! So yummy!
When Justin and I first married we were too cheap to buy ice cream at an ice cream shop. Instead we would buy half a gallon of ice cream and a box of plastic spoons and eat straight from the carton on our hour drive home. I would spoon feed ice cream to Justin while he drove. One bite for me, two bites for him. One day he mentioned that we should try a different kind of ice cream because that particular brand just didn’t add enough cookie dough to their “Cookie Dough” ice cream. At that point I had to let him in on my secret! I was very selective in which bites I gave to him and which bites I saved for myself. What I am saying is I picked all the cookie dough out of the ice cream and ate it myself and gave him the plain ole ice cream! I know, I know, it’s a selfish way to start out a marriage.
For me ice cream is all about the add ins! Mint Chip has been my favorite ice cream for my whole life. I’m here to tell you that adding two kinds of mint cookies in addition to the mint chips and turning the concoction into No Churn Mint Cookie Ice Cream was a good choice! It’s so much better than just adding mint chips! And no churn? Can’t beat that!
Here’s the way we do it! Mix whipping cream in a mixing bowl until stiff. Add sweetened condensed milk, cream de’ menthe (or mint extract), and green food coloring. Fold that all together. Now for the good part…add as many cookies and mint chips as you think you can handle!
Pour the ice cream mixture into a loaf pan. Sprinkle with additional crushed cookies. Drizzle with caramel and hot fudge sauce. Swirl through ice cream with a knife. Stick the whole thing in the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight.
I like to let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving. Check out all that mint cookie goodness!
Serve it in a bowl.
Or a waffle bowl! Isn’t that fun?
Or my favorite…in a cone!
I saw the base for this no churn ice cream in a magazine years ago and never got around to trying it out. Have you noticed that no churn ice creams are all the rage on pinterest right now? Even after being tempted by all those recipes I still didn’t jump on the no churn ice cream bandwagon. But you know what, I finally go on that wagon and I’m so glad I did! It’s super easy! Don’t be like me and put off trying no churn ice cream out! Every bit of this ice cream is loaded with mint cookies and you can’t beat that!
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ c. cream de' menthe (or 1 tsp. mint extract)
- green food coloring, add enough to get desired color
- 1 c. chopped mint Oreo's
- 1 c. chopped grasshopper cookies (I used Keeblers)
- 1 c. mint chips (I used Andies)
- ¼ c. caramel sauce
- ¼ c. hot fudge sauce
- In mixing bowl from stand mixer, whip cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, cream de' menthe, and food coloring. Gently fold together until combined.
- Reserve a few cookies for the top. Add remaining cookies and mint chips. Fold to incorporate.
- Pour in a bread pan.
- Sprinkle reserved cookies over the top of ice cream.
- Drizzle caramel and hot fudge sauce over the ice cream. Swirl with a knife.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- I like to let the ice cream sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes before serving.