If you are in love with Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches you are going to fall head over hills for all this goodness! Philly Cheese Steak Nachos are piled mile high with layers of mouth watering steak, melted cheese and tender crisp veggies! I have no will power when it comes to a plate of nachos!
This year I have been contributing to Wanda at Memories by the Miles blog! She has a fun blog that you should go check out! This is the first recipe I shared with her readers back in January. Since Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner I thought it would be a great time to share these Philly Cheese Steak Nachos with you. I know they really aren’t Mexican food, but if you ask me, anything with tortilla chips is Mexican!
On to this scrumptious recipe I’m sharing today…Philly Cheese Steak Nachos. Give me some chips with mounds of melted cheese and I’m a happy girl. I knew they could only get better with inspiration from a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich!
Pile sautéed peppers and onions on top of a plate full of chips. Of course, you must add some beef.
Then there is a big mound of glorious cheese! Now these nachos have my undivided attention!
Stick the whole creation under the broiler. Be patient for a few minutes, that’s the hardest part of this recipe! Be prepared to pull out the most divine plate of nachos!
My brain kept telling me to walk away from the Philly Cheese Steak Nachos after I ate about half of them. But my naughty fingers just wouldn’t listen! And…it was SO worth it!
- 1 oven safe plate full of tortilla chips, I used about 4 cups
- ½ green pepper, diced
- ¼ onion, diced
- 1 T. butter
- 1 T. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2-3 dashes hot sauce, to taste
- dash garlic powder
- ½ cup steak, thinly sliced (I actually used roast beef lunch meat and loved it)
- 2 cups provolone cheese,grated
- sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Over medium-high heat, saute onions and peppers in butter until crisp tender. You want them to have a nice bright color still.
- Add sliced roast beef to sauteed onions and peppers. Stir together.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and garlic powder. Stir to distribute.
- Layer tortilla chips on an oven safe plate. Sprinkle a little bit of the cheese over chips.
- Next, evenly layer the beef, onion and pepper mixture over the cheese layer.
- Finish with layer of remaining cheese.
- Bake the nachos for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the nachos look amazing!
- Serve with sour cream if desired.
Philly Cheesesteak Nachos were originally published on Memories by the Mile on January 15, 2015! If you are looking for more Philly Cheese Steak goodness check out my Philly Cheese Steak Quesadilla! It’s one of my readers favorite recipes from the blog!