I think I may need to install an electric fence around my garden. My kiddo’s go to the garden and get snacks all the time. Especially Payson. That little boy is constantly picking my carrots and cucumbers. He takes the carrots to the hose and gives them a good rinse and eats them. One time he even ate the green top of the carrot. By the way, I’m just kidding about the electric fence idea. I love my boys eating all the yummy produce from the garden.
I wait all year long to get enough cucumbers to marinade. They are so yummy and couldn’t be easier. You will love the freshness of these Marinaded Cucumbers!! They have a tangy sweet combination that makes you want more.
Wash cucumbers. I use the sink for washing, not the hose. You could peel the cucumbers if the skin is thick. I think they are pretty with the skins on. Slice into rounds about 1/8″ thick.
Slice some onions too.
Pack cucumbers, onions and dill heads (optional) into containers. Pour syrup over cucumbers. Chill for several hours. Keeps for about a week in the refrigerator. Once the cucumbers are gone you can add more to the same marinade for a few batches.
- 3 cups cucumbers
- 1/4 onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. dill weed
- 1 dill head optional
- Slice cucumbers and onions into 1/8 in slices.
- Place cucumbers and onions into a container.
- Whisk together water, vinegar, salt, sugar, and dill weed.
- Cover cucumbers with syrup.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving. Will keep for about a week.
- Note: I use the same marinade for a few batches of cucumbers. Just add fresh cukes.